Book DescriptionDespite enormous gains made in the past decades, women continue to be woefully underrepresented in positions of power. This is a loss for everyone—important priorities are overlooked and organizations miss out on the range of talent and fresh insights that women can offer.
Entrepreneur, diplomat, nonprofit and government leader, nurse, and mom Linda Tarr-Whelan marshals eye-opening facts and figures to decisively dispel the myths that still hold women back and shows women how to build their confidence and skills to pioneer a distinctive approach to leadership, one that emphasizes collaboration, communication, and consensus. Taking lessons from her own distinguished career and those of the extraordinary women she has known, she offers a women-led strategy for change and a complete set of practical road-tested tools readers can use to become powerful partners in creating a better future in a rapidly changing world.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Preface The Story behind the Book
- Introduction More Women Leaders, Better Leadership
- Part One Women Lead the Way
- Part Two Stepping Up to Leadership
- Conclusion Dreaming Bigger Dreams
- About the Author
- Title: Women Lead the Way
- Release date: October 2009
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781605091365