You have now crossed to the other side of the theming world. You have learned how to make your own theme. With just the most basic HTML and CSS abilities, you can create a design and turn it into a fully functional WordPress theme.
In this chapter we saw how to:
- Turn your HTML build into a basic theme
- Create WordPress templates to influence the display of a variety of views on your site
- Create custom templates to be applied to pages within your site
- Make your new theme widget-ready
- Create a child theme
- Share your theme with everyone else in the WordPress community