Plugins can do just about any job you can think of, but some of the most common are:
- Widgets to put in your sidebar or footer
- Shortcodes that let you add code into your page without actually writing the code
- Image galleries and slideshows
- Links to external sites, such as social media feeds
- SEO plugins to help you get found by search engines
- Forms plugins to help your visitors get in touch with you
- Performance plugins that will make your site run faster
Let's install a popular SEO plugin called WordPress SEO by Yoast:
- Go to Plugins | Add New.
- In the Search plugins... box, type
WordPress SEO and hit the Enter key.
- WordPress will display a list of plugins, meeting your search criteria. Find the plugin called WordPress SEO by Yoast and click ...