WordPress is one of the most popular technologies in the web development domain, but not many people are using it to its full potential. Although there are different pre-built themes available in the market, nothing works better than a custom experience.
This course will equip you with the skills you need to build a fully custom responsive WordPress theme, completely from scratch. You’ll no longer need to search for other themes and try to modify them to suit your project as this course will help you build almost any type of WordPress website.
You’ll begin by building a static version of the ’Tranquil Spa’ project using the popular Bootstrap 4 framework. You’ll also get up to speed with Bootstrap, exploring responsive design, layout, and the grid system, classes, and utilities creating forms, navbars, adding icons using Font Awesome 5 and much more
Once you have the project looking exactly how you want it, you’ll then move on to converting it to WordPress. You will not only perform a basic theme conversion but also cover some of the more challenging concepts and try to make your theme fully customizable by the end-user too.
By the end of this course, you’ll have gained the skills you need to build a WordPress website for your business, family, clients or even for your personal use.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the Bootstrap 4 syntax and work with components, the grid system, and utilities
- Understand the full conversion process including files and folders, and how to structure your theme
- Get up to speed with widgets, forms, advanced custom fields and menus
- Learn how to enqueue scripts and styles
- Work with the WordPress loop, pages, comments and templates
- Get to grips with translating your theme and understand how to make your themes text translation-ready
This course is for anyone looking to build custom WordPress themes from scratch for their business, personal project, clients, or for sale in marketplaces. Those who find it challenging to make pre-built themes to fit their requirements will also find this course helpful. Some familiarity with coding and PHP is required.
About The Author
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Welcome and let's get started!
- Chapter 2 : Creating our Bootstrap 4 template- Home page
- Chapter 3 : Creating our Bootstrap 4 template- Additional pages
- Chapter 4 : Setting up WordPress
- Chapter 5 : WordPress theme conversion- first steps
- Chapter 6 : WordPress blog section and the loop
- Chapter 7 : Conditional rendering the single page template
- Chapter 8 : Working with blog comments
- Chapter 9 : Additional pages, widgets and custom search forms
- Chapter 10 : Finishing touches user customization
- Chapter 11 : Translating our themes language
- Chapter 12 : Thank You
- Title: WordPress 5 Theme Development Academy with Bootstrap v4
- Release date: November 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839217203
You might also like
WordPress for Developers LiveLessons
4+ Hours of Video Instruction Description These easy video tutorials show how to unleash the full …
Bootstrap 4 From Scratch With 5 Projects
You do NOT need to know Bootstrap 3 for this course. Even if you already know …
Bootstrap 4 for Beginners - Build 5 Websites from Scratch
This course uses Bootstrap 4.0.0-beta, the latest version. Learn about the Bootstrap Grid and new changes …
Wordpress Web Application Development - Third Edition
Learn in easy stages how to rapidly build leading-edge web applications from scratch. About This Book …