Take WordPress beyond its comfort zone
As the most popular open source blogging tool, WordPress is being used to power increasingly advanced sites, pushing it beyond its original purpose. In this unique book, the authors share their experiences and advice for working effectively with clients, manage a project team, develop with WordPress for larger projects, and push WordPress beyond its limits so that clients have the customized site they need in order to succeed in a competitive marketplace.
Explains that there is more than one approach to a WordPress challenge and shows you how to choose the one that is best for you, your client, and your team
Walks you through hosting and developing environments, theme building, and contingency planning
WordPress: Pushing the Limits encourages you to benefit from the experiences of seasoned WordPress programmers so that your client's site can succeed.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Part I: Professional WordPress Development
- Part II: Content and Administration
- Part III: Practicalities of Developing and Hosting WordPress Sites
Part IV: Pushing the Limits: The Best Tools for Site Development
- Chapter 7: Theme Building: Frameworks, Standalone Themes, or Child Themes?
- Chapter 8: Conditional Display: Functions, Template Files, and Styling
- Chapter 9: Custom Functionality in Theme Functions and Plugins
- Chapter 11: Device Compatibility: Responsive and Mobile Development
- Chapter 12: Releasing Your Code to the Public
- Title: WordPress: Pushing the Limits
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118597170