WordPress® SEO Success
Search Engine Optimization for Your WordPress Website or Blog
Hands-on, up-to-the-minute SEO techniques specifically for WordPress users!
WordPress gives you amazingly powerful SEO tools: this hands-on guide will help you make the most of them! Written specifically for WordPress users, this guide covers all you need: built-in WordPress capabilities, third-party plugins, well-integrated web resources, and more. Whether you manage a large-scale site or a personal blog, Jacob Aull will help you integrate SEO into all you do, from strategy through optimization of existing content. New to SEO? Already do it for a living? Either way, WordPress SEO Success will help you drive the traffic you want--and the value you need!
Build a complete SEO strategy--and a content plan that aligns with it
Choose the best WordPress SEO tools and plugins for your needs
Uncover quick, powerful ways to improve your site
Identify and research keywords far more effectively
Reflect SEO in architecture via site mapping and marketing funnels
Sensibly manage the inevitable tradeoffs of optimization
Improve SEO even if you’re running a free WordPress.com blog
Leverage content themes and keyword-driven blogging techniques
Optimize “blog-meets-website” and “multiple blogs+sites” deployments
Strengthen your rankings by intelligently using social media
Optimize your sites for smartphones and tablets
Measure performance via free analytics--including mobile analytics
Integrate organic SEO with paid advertising
Avoid today’s worst SEO blunders
Jacob Aull, principal of Zen Fires Digital Marketing, has been in Internet marketing since the label existed. He began doing web design and branding in the late ‘90s as an agency partner. While transitioning deeper into online and search marketing, he earned an M.S. in marketing from Georgia State’s Robinson College of Business in 2009. There he customized his own degree program, executing an independent capstone thesis on social media marketing. In 2010, the university asked him to write and teach its first course on social media marketing, which he continues today. Aull edited Prentice Hall’s first social media marketing textbook, and wrote its accompanying instructor’s manual. He co-founded and chaired the Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association Social Media SIG, and speaks widely on social and search marketing.
Table of Contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- 1. What Is SEO and Do I Really Need It?
2. The Search Engines, WordPress, and SEO Tools
- What’s the Word on WordPress?
- Is WordPress Better (or Easier) for SEO?
- SEO Approaches for Starting Your Business
- Integrating SEO During Test-Site Build
- Choosing Plug-ins for Customized WordPress Websites and Blogs
- Essential SEO Technologies, Tools, and Plug-ins for WordPress Sites
- SEO Comprehensive Management Plug-ins for WordPress
3. A Strategic SEO Upfront Content Approach
- Step 1: Conduct Digital Audits
- Step 2: Write Your Strategy Brief
- Step 3: Identify and Research Your Keywords
- Step 4: Plan Network Architecture
- Step 5: Sitemapping
- Identifying the Different Roles of Web and Blogsites
- Step 6: Assessing Content and Keyword Relationships
- Step 7: Writing the SEO Page Forms
- 4. WordPress On-Page Architecture and Basic SEO Execution
- 5. Real-World Blogging
- 6. Hands-On SEO Execution (Website and Blog Builds Versus Post-Integration)
7. Analytics for WordPress
- Number 1 = You Win?
- The Terms of Your Terms
- Immediate Upfront Measurements
- Social Content and Variety on the SERP
- Keywords and Rank
- Caught Up in Traffic
- Identifying Referrals and Backlinks
- Which Tools Do You Need for Best Analytics?
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Additional Analytics Options
- Final Thoughts on Expanded Measurement
- 8. Social Media Connectivity
- 9. Going Mobile and Local
10. PPC and Advertising
- The Power of Paid
- Advantages and Objectives for Online Advertising
- Here’s the Alphabet Soup
- Research for Advertising
- Strategic Research and Planning
- Social Media Advertising Options
- Inputs to Plan and Identify for Your Online Ad Campaign
- Monitoring and Measurement
- Steps of Execution for Your Online Advertising Campaign
- Testing 1-2
- How Can I Have Advertising on my WordPress Site?
- It’s a Wrap
11. Bringing It All Together—Testing, SEO, PPC, Social and Mobile, and Analytics
- The Digital Model
- Putting It All Together
- Overall Search Strategies
- More on Search Marketing Strategies
- Round Pegs, Square Holes
- Backlink Strategies
- Testy, Testy
- Comparing Big Pictures
- Content Marketing Strategy
- The Changing Changes
- Oh Yeah, What About WordPress?
- It’s All About Priorities and Focus, Right?
- 12. What’s Next? The Future of SEO and WordPress
- Appendix A. WordPress Plug-ins
- Appendix B. Support and Education: Forums, Accreditations, Associations, Seminars, and Tech Resources
- Inside Back Cover
- Title: WordPress® SEO Success: Search Engine Optimization for Your WordPress Website or Blog
- Release date: June 2014
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780133810936