Boost your WordPress website speed from 20 sec. up to 1 sec. (improve your Google ranking, improve your visitor experience, and load websites fast)
About This Video
- Discover access to free speed-optimization tools
- Configure free CDN and a free SSL certificate on your website
- Optimize any WordPress website so it loads in less than 3 seconds
Every website owner wants to increase their conversion rates and reduce their exit rates. And studies show that one of the key reasons why exit rates hit the roof is poor page load performance.
It makes sense to improve your page load speed as much as possible. Potential customers can really get frustrated and disillusioned with your site if they find that they must wait ages for pages to load. This is a key reason why exit rates (the rate at which visitors to a page exit your site on that specific page) can start to climb.
Why Page Speed is Important?
- 500ms slowdown equals a 20% decrease in AD revenue – Google
- 100ms slowdown can mean a 1% decrease in revenue – Amazon
- 400ms improvement in load time translates to a 9% increase in traffic - Yahoo
- 27% of users say that visiting a slow site makes them likely to visit a competitor.
- Google is so committed to speeding up user experiences that it is, right within its search results, experimenting with affixing a SLOW label to slower websites...
KissMetrics found that:
- 47% of consumers expect a website to load in 3 seconds or less.
- Every 1-second delay in loading decreases customer satisfaction by 16%
- A 1-second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions
So, if you want to meet these expectations, it is crucial to ensure that all the pages in your site load within a maximum of 3-5 seconds.
In this course we will talk about:
- Compressing images to boost website speed.
- Caching static content (HTML, CSS, and JS).
- Using CDN to improve speed and security.
- Adding a free SSL certificate for security purpose.
- Minifying files and merging them.
- Google AMP
- Using free tools and plugins for testing and implementation purposes.
Throughout the course, I use my personal website as an example and use all available resources to optimize my WordPress website.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : What Can Lower Your Page Speed?
- Chapter 2 : Why Page Speed Is Important?
- Chapter 3 : Analyzing Website for PageSpeed Test
- Chapter 4 : Image Optimization (Compressing 10x Times)
- Chapter 5 : Content Delivery Network with SSL Certificate
- Chapter 6 : Caching Static Content
- Chapter 7 : Google AMP - Bonus
Chapter 8 : Bonus
- Thank You for Being Here! 00:00:17
- Title: WordPress Speed Optimization - A Complete Guide To Boost Website Speed
- Release date: September 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839212161
You might also like
Full Stack Serverless
Cloud computing is typically associated with backend development and DevOps. But with the rise of serverless …
Learning React, 2nd Edition
If you want to learn how to build efficient React applications, this is your book. Ideal …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Python 3: Project-based Python, Algorithms, Data Structures
Learn to program with Python 3, visualize algorithms and data structures, and implement them in Python …