Vendor and System Selection for Workforce Asset Management Systems1
IN THIS CHAPTER, THE SPECIAL steps for selecting a vendor and workforce management (WFM) system most suitable for the organization are outlined. Because selecting a vendor from which to purchase a Workforce Asset Management (WAM) system is a common challenge but highly differentiated among organizations, multiple methods have been developed and a variety of results are experienced. This chapter draws from several selection methodologies. Techniques for defining WFM requirements and identifying, evaluating, and selecting vendors are described. The process is built around specialized, iterative documents and steps that build upon one another to answer the important questions. The chapter concludes with a few dos and don'ts that can help produce a selection that has a positive return on investment and effectively improves the way the organization manages people, cost, and labor management technology.
- Outline the important steps in identifying and evaluating vendors and products.
- Recognize the various documents and their components that support system selection.
- Understand strategies to make a sound and objective final selection.
- Prepare to negotiate for the best terms.
- Leverage lessons learned during the vendor and system selection effort.
19.1 REVIEW OF THE OVERALL VENDOR SELECTION PROCESS
The selection of the appropriate vendor ...