Tailor your screenplay to sell. Find out what Hollywood script readers, producers, and studio executives want in a screenplay (and why) from someone who’s been there. Discover what it takes to begin a lasting career as a screenwriter.
Peppered with interviews from established professionals, Writing for the Green Light: How to Make Your Script the One Hollywood Notices gives you a sharp competitive edge by showcasing dozens of everyday events that go on at the studios but are rarely if ever discussed in most screenwriting books. With his behind-the-scenes perspective, Scott Kirkpatrick shows you why the system works the way it does and how you can use its unwritten rules to your advantage. He answers such questions as:
- Who actually reads your script?
- How do you pique the interest of studios and decision makers?
- What do agents, producers, and production companies need in a script?
- How much is a script worth?
- What are the best genres for new writers and why?
- What are real steps you can take to ‘break in’ to television writing?
- How do you best present or pitch a project without looking desparate?
- How do you negotiate a contract without an agent?
- How do you exude confidence and seal your first deal?
These and other insights are sure to give you and your screenplay a leg-up for success in this competitive landscape!
Table of contents
- Chapter One A Crazy Little Thing Called “Hollywood Logic”
- Chapter Two “So, What’s It About?”
- Chapter Three Writing Your Feature-Length Spec Script
- Chapter Four How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Write for Television
- Chapter Five Close Encounters of the L.A. Kind
- Chapter Six To Live and Write in L.A.
- Chapter Seven “Gold-Mine” Genres … Now and Forever
- Appendix I Script Coverage
- Appendix II The Non-Union Writer-for-Hire Agreement
- Appendix III The Non-Union Option / Purchase Agreement
- About the Author
- Title: Writing for the Green Light
- Release date: March 2015
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781317704195
You might also like
English Grammar Workbook For Dummies, with Online Practice, 3rd Edition
Improve your English grammar You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using proper …
Tell It Slant, Third Edition, 3rd Edition
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
Writing for the Web: Creating Compelling Web Content Using Words, Pictures and Sound
With Writing for the Web Writing for the Web Uses concise, straight-to-the-point style to illustrate techniques …
Writing for Visual Media, 4th Edition
This updated edition of Writing for Visual Media will enable you to understand the nature of …