Kick-Start Your Application’s Performance
This book goes through hundreds of details that may be a problem in your application, but if you are just getting started, here is a general outline of how you can proceed and analyze your own program’s performance.
- Define the metrics you are interested in.
- Decide what kind of statistics you need: average, min, max, percentiles, or more complex.
- What are the resource constraints you are operating under? Possible values include, but are not limited to: CPU, memory usage, allocation rate, network I/O, disk usage, disk write rate, to name a few.
- What are the goals for each metric or resource?
Analyze CPU Usage
- Use PerfView or Visual Studio Standalone Profiler to get a CPU profile ...