It’s pretty easy to write compelling stories about a headline making company. But what if your company isn’t figuring out how to shoot humans from one city to the next in a giant vacuum tube or curing cancer or cracking encryption codes? What if your company is, well, kind of boring? How do you produce exciting and engaging stories about the nap-inducing enterprise? Content marketing ace Laura Busche tells how in this video filled with tact, grace, humor, and plenty of pithy examples.
- Discover four simple questions that reveal the un-boring topics hidden inside your brand
- Explore the best techniques for identifying the right voice and tone to use in your copy
- Understand the basics of brand personality and the importance of human speak, not robot speak
- Learn to spice your content by borrowing topics from fun industries like fashion and entertainment
- See how other not-so-exciting companies tell their escape-from-snoresville stories
Laura Busche, director of content strategy at Creative Market and co-founder of the interactive agency Ozone Labs, has been working in content marketing, branding, social media, and on-line marketing since 2008. She authored the O'Reilly title "Lean Branding"; contributes regularly to Smashing Magazine andSitepoint; and is a member of the Global Shaper program at the World Economic Forum. She holds a business degree from American University and a M.A. in design management from the Savannah College of Art and Design.
Table of contents
- Title: Writing Killer Copy for "Boring" Industries
- Release date: August 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491971130
You might also like
Expert Playlist Intro: Learn How To Write A Great Technical Book, By Example
In this brief introduction to Tim O'Reilly's Expert Playlist , find out why he selected these …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Designing Interfaces, 3rd Edition
Designing good application interfaces isn’t easy now that companies need to create compelling, seamless user experiences …
Visual Content Hacks for Non-Designers
Web site owners, developers, and bloggers without a design background or design skills who want to …