Connecting Visual Studio to a Mac for iOS development
iOS development requires Xcode running on Mac OS X. Luckily, Xamarin has made remote development possible from a Windows PC.
To connect your PC to a Mac:
- First open or create a Xamarin.iOS project.
- Visual Studio will automatically prompt Xamarin Mac Agent Instructions.
- Follow the detailed instructions and screenshots in Visual Studio to enable remote login on your Mac.
- A Xamarin Mac Agent dialog should appear with your Mac's address listed.
- Click Connect... and enter your username and password for your Mac.
When connected, you should see something like the following screenshot:
Once connected, you can ...