Understanding Android activities
In this recipe, we will focus on understanding Android activities with short and focused examples.
How to do it...
- Open any Android application you find on the store, for example, Mindup (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.mindup.mindup&hl=en).
- Use the menu to change the page.
- Press the Return button of your phone, which will redirect you to the first screen you were at.
- Use the burger button of your phone; you'll be redirected to the home screen of your phone.
- Use the burger button again and return to the application. You'll find the application as it was before you left.
This simple and expected behavior is induced and monitored by Android activities, which are the building blocks of any Android application. ...