Time for action – stopping Xcode from alerting you to problems
If for some reason you would like to stop Xcode from alerting you and correcting your code for you, you can turn off this feature by following these simple steps:
- Click on the Xcode menu item or alternatively, press the Command + , key.
- Next, select the Preferences menu option.
- Then click on the Text Editing Page.
- Locate the Code Completion section.
- Check or Uncheck the Suggest Completions while typing option.
The screenshot below shows the Xcode Preferences page and the Code Completion section highlighted by a red rectangle to show how to turn this feature on/off:
As you can see from the ...