Following are the definitions for some of the terms used when dealing with Xen technology:
- VM: A virtual machine is the virtualized environment that runs an operating system so that the user can run their applications on the operating system.
- VMM: The software that provides the ability to run virtual machines.
- Domain: The term used by Xen to refer to a virtual machine instance.
- dom0: The primary domain in a Xen system. This is the operating system that runs Xen itself.
- domU: All the other domains in a Xen system.
- Host: The system that provides the environment for running virtual machines.
- Guest: The virtual machine instance that runs on a host system.
- PVM: Paravirtualized Virtual machine where the Xen domains can only run modified operating ...