You Ready to go Gung HO? A Hotshot Challenge
Here are some ideas to extend on the work from this chapter:
- Support priority in the job queue – both recording the priority for a scheduled job and applying the priority when choosing which jobs to run.
- Add support for scheduling recurring jobs.
- Replace job processing cron script with a full-time job processing daemon.
- Add Ajax to the job-scheduling grid to set jobs as active/inactive.
- Create more reporting jobs to try out the different types of reports you can create.
- Update the output format to include flags that indicate what type of data is stored and how it should be generated. Use this to support the EFlot format and some other formats, for example simple text output.