Book descriptionWe all need to involve others to accomplish tasks and achieve our goals, but all too often involving others seems like more trouble than it's worth. You Don't Have to Do It Alone Alone is the Swiss Army Knife of involvement—a set of tools that can be used in any setting to get you the help you need. The authors lay out a simple, straightforward plan for involving others to get things done, detailing a practical five-step involvement process that begins with five key questions:
What kind of involvement is needed?
How do I know who to include?
How do I invite people to become involved?
How do I keep people involved?
How do I finish the job?
The answers to these questions serve as a guide to finding the right people and keeping them energized, enthusiastic, and committed until the work is completed. Real life examples from corporations, government, and nonprofits illustrate the process in action. You'll learn to involve others in a way that will actually make your work easier, resulting in less stress, better ideas, and more successful outcomes.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1: What Kind of Involvement is Needed?
- Chapter 2: How do I Know Whom to Include?
- Chapter 3: How do I Invite People to Become Involved?
- Chapter 4: How do I Keep People Involved?
- Chapter 5: How do I Finish the Job?
- Chapter 6: Meetings: The Involvement Edge
- Chapter 7: Where to Start
- Appendix A: The Involvement Checklist
- Appendix B: For Further Learning
- Other Books by the Authors
- Training by the Authors
- About the Authors
- Title: You Don't Have to Do It Alone
- Release date: September 2004
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781576758793
You might also like
The 4 Stages of Psychological Safety
This book is the first practical, hands-on guide that shows how leaders can build psychological safety …
Fonts & Encodings
This reference is a fascinating and complete guide to using fonts and typography on the Web …
97 Things Every Information Security Professional Should Know
Whether you're searching for new or additional opportunities, information security can be vast and overwhelming. In …
More Than 16 Hours of Video Instruction Overview CCNA 200-301 Complete Video Course is a comprehensive …