Becoming a Software Architect is the Next Step for a Programmer. The Path to Become a Software Architect is NOT very clear. Do you want to understand How to Become a Software Architect? Do you want to know what is Involved in Building Great Architectures? Do you want to Know What You Can Do TODAY to become a Great Architect? How to become a Software Architect? This is the number one question that I’m asked when talking to Programmers and Senior Developers. And this course provides an answer to that question. In this course, You will learn how to start your journey towards becoming a Software Architect. You will understand what Architecture is all about and what your goal as an Architect should be. You will understand the thought process of successful Software Architects. You will learn about the fundamental pillars of Sofware Architecture - Technology Skill, Domain Knowledge, and Soft Skills. You will understand the importance of Enterprise and Application Standards with examples of REST API and Microservice Standards. You will learn about the importance of having Good Governance as a Software Architecture Team. You will learn how to make your teams productive. In this course, we will NOT discuss specific architecture patterns. The objective to get your mindset right. Start Learning Now. Hit the Enroll Button!
What You Will Learn
- You will understand what Software Architecture is all about and understand the ROLE of a Software Architect
- You will understand the MINDSET needed to transition into Software Architecture Roles
- You will learn what are the FIRST STEPS you can do today to START YOUR JOURNEY towards becoming a Software Architect
- You will understand the FUNDAMENTAL PILLARS of Sofware Architecture - Technology, Domain Knowledge and Soft Skills.
- You will understand the IMPORTANCE of Enterprise and Application STANDARDS with examples of REST API and Microservice Standards.
- You will be provided Resources which will Help You Learn more about Software Architecture.
This course is for whoever who wants to become a Software Architect. You are a Programmer or Senior Developer and want to understand the steps involved in transitioning to a Software Architecture Role. You are a Programmer and Would want to understand how Software Architecture is done
About The Author
In28Minutes Official: Ranga Karanam is a seasoned technologist and architect with over two decades of expertise in programming, design, and architecture. He founded in28Minutes with the goal of helping students master cutting-edge cloud-native technologies such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Docker, and Kubernetes. With 15 years of experience in Java programming and design, Ranga has collaborated with top banking clients worldwide.
His passion for creating hands-on courses with real-world projects motivated him to develop the Step-By-Step series of courses that follow a problem-solution-based approach, with practical and real-world application examples.
Ranga and his team at in28Minutes specialize in Java and related frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Struts, and Hibernate. They are committed to equipping learners with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Your First Steps to Software Architect – Introduction
Chapter 2 : Software Architecture Basics
- Step 01 - Need for Architecture
- Step 02 - Goal of an Architect
- Step 03 - Fundamentals of Software Architect – Overview
- Step 04 - Fundamentals of Software Architect - Technical Capabilities
- Step 05 - Fundamentals of Software Architect - Domain Knowledge
- Step 06 - Fundamentals of Software Architect - Soft Skills
Chapter 3 : Software Architecture - Defining Enterprise and Application Standards
- Step 07 - Enterprise Standards – Overview
- Step 08 - Enterprise Standards - Important Standards to Start With
- Step 09 - Enterprise Standards – Process
- Step 10 - Tip: Don't worry about Terminology
- Step 11 - Tip Thought Process of Successful Architects
- Step 12 - Enterprise Standards – Design
- Step 13 - Enterprise Standards – Tools
- Step 14 - Enterprise Standards - Example - REST API Standards
- Step 15 - Enterprise Standards - Example - Microservice Standards
- Step 16 - Enterprise Standards - Monitoring and Governance
- Step 17 - Enterprise Standards – Conclusion
- Step 18 - Application Standards - Overview, Defining and Monitoring
- Step 19 - Enabling Productive Teams as an Architect
- Chapter 4 : What Should I Start Doing Now?
- Chapter 5 : Conclusion
- Title: Your First Steps from Programmer to Software Architect
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838555702
You might also like
Software Architect Bootcamp, Second Edition
The completely updated "field manual" for becoming a better software architect! The crucial skills you need …
Open Source Software Superstream Series: C++
Known for its speed and multithreading support—and its more than four decades of powerful application development—C++ …
ASP.NET Core 3 and React
Build modern, scalable, and cloud-ready single-page applications using ASP.NET Core, React, TypeScript, and Azure Key Features …
Meet the Experts: Mark Richards and Neal Ford on the Journey from Developer to Software Architect
The journey from developer to software architect is a difficult one. Join us for this edition …