Get the right fat-itude
To keep an eye on how much fat your family is eating, compare the labels of different food products and choose those with less total fat and less saturated fat. Use the following as a guide:
- 20g total fat or more per 100g = LOTs of fat
- 5g saturates or more per 100g = LOTs of fat
- 3g total fat or less per 100g = LITTLE fat
- 1g saturates or less per 100g = LITTLE fat
- If the amount of total fat is between 3g and 20g per 100g, this is a MODERATE amount of total fat.
- Between 1g and 5g of saturates is a MODERATE amount of saturated fat.
The fats you do need are called Omega-6 and Omega-3 fats. You can get Omega-6 from nuts ...