A new collection filled with winning ideas and strategies for improving your sucess in the retail business...
2 authoritative books, now in a convenient e-format, at a great price!
Smart Retail, the world's #1 guide to retail success, complete with crucial, up-to-date insights--including new case studies, ideas, strategies, and tactics from today's best retailers, like TopShop, IKEA, and Best Buy. Covering everything from creating the ultimate retail experience to understanding the customer and the importance of motivated workers, this is the book that will equip managers, team-workers, retail entrepreneurs and indeed anybody who sells direct to customers, with practical winning ideas and strategies. Competing in Tough Times brings together the powerful new strategies that world-class retailers, like Trader Joe’s, Costco, and Nordstrom, are using today to survive--and thrive--in a brutally unforgiving retail environment. Internationally respected retail management expert Barry Berman shows retailers and their suppliers exactly how to build effective strategies based on cost and differentiation, plan and implement those strategies, and measure the results. Berman offers detailed coverage of implementing strategies based on becoming the low-cost provider and minimizing product proliferation; enhancing the service experience; developing and maintaining a strong private label program; and more.
From world-renowned experts Richard Hammond and Barry Berman.
Table of contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
Smart Retail: Winning Ideas and Strategies from the Most Successful Retailers in the World
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Photo Acknowledgments
- Introduction to this Edition
- Preface—Why retailing?
Part One—You: Starting at the beginning.
- Chapter One. What do you want for yourself?
- Chapter Two. Rising above the crowd
- Chapter Three. Keeping it simple
- Chapter Four. Rolling those snowballs
Part Two—Team: Make us happy and we will make you money.
- Chapter Five. What’s the Big Idea?
- Chapter Six. How to build great teams
- Chapter Seven. How to get people out of bed
- Chapter Eight. All we need is a little better every time
Part Three—Customer: Make me happy and I will give you my money.
- Chapter Nine. We love shopping here!
- Chapter Ten. Price and value
- Chapter Eleven. Promote or die
- Chapter Twelve. Marketing for real people
Part Four—Store: Make it brilliant and they will spend.
- Chapter Thirteen. Discovery!
- Chapter Fourteen. The great big theater of shop
- Chapter Fifteen. Detail, detail, detail—the store environment
- Chapter Sixteen. And finally ... how we got here
- Epilogue—And we’re done?
- Appendix I. Your job and Smart Retail
- Appendix II. Take-action time
- Appendix III. Street time
- Appendix IV. Books for retailers
Competing in Tough Times: Business Lessons from L.L.Bean, Trader Joe’s, Costco, and Other World-Class Retailers
- Copyright Page
- Praise for Competing in Tough Times
- About the Author
- Chapter 1. The Questionable Future Facing Global Retailers
- Chapter 2. Low-Cost Strategies I: Key Elements of a Low-Cost Provider Strategy
- Chapter 3. Low-Cost Strategies II: Delivering Low Costs Through Minimizing Product Proliferation
- Chapter 4. Differentiation Strategies I: Effective Human Resource Strategies
- Chapter 5. Differentiation Strategies II: Enhancing the Service Experience
- Chapter 6. Differentiation Strategies III: Developing and Maintaining a Strong Private Label Program
- Chapter 7. Implementing Cost-, Differentiation-, and Value-Based Retail Strategies
- Individual and Composite Financial Performance, Customer Service, and Worker Satisfaction Metrics of the Best-Practice Retailers
- FT Press
- Title: Your Success In the Retail Business (Collection)
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780133577747
You might also like
Better Business, 5/e
Conversational, question and answer approach to contemporary business introduces the business content readers need--in a better …
Starting an Online Business All-in-One For Dummies, 5th Edition
Start a successful online business—and be your own boss! Being an online entrepreneur means more than …
Value-Added Selling, Fourth Edition: How to Sell More Profitably, Confidently, and Professionally by Competing on Value—Not Price, 4th Edition
The global, go-to guide that started the Value Selling Revolution—now updated for today’s market “Value” is …
Information Technology for Management: Improving Strategic and Operational Performance, 8th Edition
Up-to-date coverage on how new technology is changing the way organizations operate and compete Every day, …