Time for action - projecting the details onto the new mesh
Let's project all the details from the high-poly mesh onto our new low-poly one:
- Select your retopologized mesh, making it the active subtool.
- Projection can be done only with polygon meshes, not with ZSpheres, so we have to create an adaptive skin from it first. Go to Tool | Adaptive Skin and click on Make Adaptive Skin with the Density set to 1. This will add a new tool of the mesh named Skin_nameofthesubtool.
- Append this subtool to your high-polygon mesh, so your list of subtools looks similar to this:
- Turn off Smt and divide two times.
- Turn Smt back on and divide a few times until you reach ...