Time for action - unwrapping the creature with UV Master
UV Master produces decent UV-layouts for organic meshes in a very short time. It is a good starting point and you can still tweak the result in another application, if you like to.
For a quick UV-layout, follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.pixologic.com/ZBrush/downloadcenter/Zplugins/ and download UV Master for ZBrush.
- Extract it and put its contents, the
UVMaster_4.0.zsc and the
UVMasterData_4.0-folder, into your installation path:
\ZBrush 4.0\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder.
- Restart ZBrush.
- Open your new mesh with optimized topology and all the transferred details.
- Switch to the lowest level of subdivision.
- Open the Zplugin palette in a tray and expand the UV Master subpalette.
- Go to Zplugin | UV Master ...