This ebook does not provide access to the companion materials.
A stunning, content-rich update to this top-selling ZBrush guide!
This second edition of ZBrush Character Creation has been fully updated for ZBrush 4, the newest version of this fascinating and popular 3D sculpting software. ZBrush enables users to create detailed organic models using a brush-based toolset and tablet. The startling results look as though they've been painted with real brushes and oils, and ZBrush is increasingly popular for use in film, game, and broadcast pipelines.
Author Scott Spencer is embedded in the ZBrush community and his movie credits include Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix and the upcoming The Hobbit. Learn Spencer's invaluable techniques for texturing, chiseling, posing, costuming, and more with his newest ZBrush guide.
- Explains ZBrush 4, the newest version of the revolutionary software tool for creating 3D organic models in a way that appears to be traditionally painted or sculpted
- Shows you how get the most out of ZBrush, from the fundamentals to new tools for texturing, chiseling, and costuming
- Offers plenty of insights and professional techniques for creating characters for films and games, drawing from the author's own experience on such films as Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix and The Hobbit
- Demonstrates the author's own techniques of using traditional sculpting and painting concepts and applying them to digital art for greater artistry
Discover the beauty of ZBrush with this colorful, in-depth guide.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Publisher's Note
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Sculpting, from Traditional to Digital
- Chapter 2: Sculpting in ZBrush
- Chapter 3: Designing a Character Bust
- Chapter 4: ZBrush for Detailing
- Chapter 5: Texture Painting
- Chapter 6: ZSpheres
- Chapter 7: Transpose, ZSphere Rigging, Retopology, and Mesh Extraction
- Chapter 8: ZBrush Movies and Photoshop Composites
- Chapter 9: Normal Maps, Displacement Maps, Maya, and Decimation Master
- Chapter 10: ZSketch and Hard-Surface Brushes
- Appendix: About the Companion DVD
- End-User License Agreement
- Title: ZBrush® Character Creation: Advanced Digital Sculpting, Second Edition
- Release date: February 2011
- Publisher(s): Sybex
- ISBN: 9780470572573
You might also like
Introducing ZBrush 3rd Edition
Learn ZBrush inside and out with this updated new edition Get totally comfortable sculpting in a …
ZBrush Creature Design: Creating Dynamic Concept Imagery for Film and Games
Zero in on the most cutting-edge trend in creature design for film and games: ZBrush! ZBrush …
ZBrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy
Taking into account that many of today's digital artists -- particularly 3D character animators -- lack …
Get started on ZBrush with the updated edition of this valuable how-to Introducing ZBrush 4 helps …