Spring Boot and Kotlin
Published by Pearson
April 6, 2021
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Coordinated Universal Time
This event has ended.
Spring Boot, the convention-over-configuration centric framework from the Spring team at Pivotal, marries Spring's flexibility with conventional, common sense defaults to make application development on the JVM not just fly, but pleasant! Spring Boot aims to make address the common functional and non-functional requirements that gate quickly moving to production. The framework is as clean as it gets, wouldn't it be nice if the language matched its elegance? Kotlin, the productivity-focused language from our friends at JetBrains, takes up the slack to make the experience leaner, cleaner and even more pleasant! The Spring and Kotlin teams have worked hard to make sure that Kotlin and Spring Boot are a first-class experience for all developers trying to get to production, faster and safer.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
- Build a simple application with Kotlin and Spring
- Learn how Spring becomes richer with the Kotlin language and how Kotlin becomes richer with Spring.
- Full-stack Kotlin
- Functional Spring
This live event is for you because…
- You are an existing or new Spring user
- You are an experienced Java developer
- Experience with Java
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing.
Segment 1: Introduction to Kotlin
- A brief introduction to Kotlin and its ecosystem
Segment 2: Kotlin Makes Spring Better
- Where Kotlin can make existing Spring APIs even nicer
Segment 3: Spring Makes Kotlin Better
- Where Spring's Kotlin-specific APIs make Kotlin even nicer
Q&A (5 minutes)
Break (10 min)
Segment 4: Full Stack Kotlin
- You won't believe what could be in kotlin these days!
Segment 5: the better part of
- Embrace your functional side with Kotlin and Spring
Josh (@starbuxman) is the Spring Developer Advocate at Pivotal. Josh is a Java Champion, author of 5 books (including "Cloud Native Java: Designing Resilient Systems with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Cloud Foundry") and 6 best-selling video trainings (including "Building Microservices with Spring Boot Livelessons" w/ Phil Webb), and an open-source contributor (Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Spring Cloud, Activiti and Vaadin)