Advanced Test-Driven Development (TDD)
Published by Pearson
Feb. 14, 2022
4 - 7 p.m. Coordinated Universal Time
162 Spots RemainingSign up for a free trial!
or sign in.
Registration closes Feb. 13, 2022 11 p.m. Coordinated Universal Time
Robert C. “Uncle Bob” Martin is a software craftsman, and one of the leading names in contemporary software development. His books and videos are immensely popular. In this new live training course, Uncle Bob will use his signature presentation style to explain test-driven development (TDD). Deepen your experience in developing applications for testability and come out with a clear understanding of how to create clean and maintainable unit and acceptance tests.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
- Learn how TDD reflects software professionalism
- Get the foundation you need to become an advocate for TDD in your organization
- Understand the Principles of Clean Tests and Conventions for well-written tests
- See TDD in action with insightful step-by-step demonstrations
- Understand what it means to keep your tests clean
- See what TDD means to both new and legacy code
This live event is for you because…
- You are an application developer, programmer, software engineer, or software architect who is familiar with TDD in theory, but wants to optimize it in practice.
- You take pride in your organization’s development efforts, and know that proper testing has become the responsibility of the entire development organization.
- You want to enhance your knowledge of TDD and how you can optimize your existing code base.
There are no prerequisites for this training session, but it is optimal if participants have practical software development experience and familiarity with the basics of TDD terminology, as well as a rough understanding of how their organizations currently use these practices.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing.
Section 1: A Foundation in Test-Driven Development
- The Problem of Software Professionalism
- The Productivity Roller-Coaster
- Fear: the True Cause of Software Rot
- The Three Laws of TDD
- A Discipline for Professionals
- Break (5-10 min)
Section 2: Demonstrations
- Break (5-10 min)
Section 3: Putting TDD into Practice
- What about GUIs? The Humble Object Pattern
- What about Databases? The Gateway Pattern
- What about Estimates?
- What about Legacy Code?
- How do I convince my peers?
- How should I learn to do this?
**Robert C. Martin **(Uncle Bob) has been a programmer since 1970. He is the co-founder of cleancoders.com, which offers online video training for software developers, and is the founder of Uncle Bob Consulting LLC, which offers software consulting, training, and skill development services to major corporations worldwide. He served as the Master Craftsman at 8th Light, Inc., a Chicago-based software consulting firm. He has published dozens of articles in various trade journals and is a regular speaker at international conferences and trade shows. He served three years as the editor-in-chief of the C++ Report and served as the first chairman of the Agile Alliance.
Martin has authored and edited many books, including Clean Architecture, The Clean Coder, Clean Code, UML for Java Programmers, Agile Software Development, Extreme Programming in Practice, More C++ Gems, Pattern Languages of Program Design 3, and Designing Object Oriented C++ Applications Using the Booch Method.