Case Study: How Bounteous Adopted Agile to Provide Better Service for Its Clients
Published by O'Reilly Media, Inc.
Enabling flexibility, transparency, and predictability across the organization with Agile practices
Feb. 8, 2022
5 - 6 p.m. Coordinated Universal Time
184 Spots RemainingSign up for a free trial!
or sign in.
Registration closes Feb. 8, 2022 5:30 p.m. Coordinated Universal Time
Software development is full of uncertainty. And as a services company, Bounteous has to balance many challenges around that lack of certainty: clients want to be able to make changes, but they still want predictability on time and costs. In the earlier days of its growth, the company struggled with this balance. After considering different methodologies to help address these pain points, Bounteous opted to use Agile because the principles behind it would help the organization embrace a more nimble mindset. But evolving an Agile approach to support this at scale across numerous clients while providing enough flexibility to adapt to specific client situations created several challenges—an experience that really highlights the general problems companies may have in adopting Agile.
Join us for this Case Study with Bounteous CTO Seth Dobbs to learn how Bounteous adopted Agile to enable flexibility for its customers while balancing the needs for transparency and predictability across the organization. You’ll hear about the roadblocks the company encountered (and how it overcame them) and get insight into how executive support, organizational structure, and team commitment contributed to developing a successful Agile approach.
O'Reilly Case Study sessions explore how organizations have overcome common challenges in business and technology through a series of one-hour interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and challenges while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, and lessons learned.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
- Discover the challenges that can arise when implementing Agile methodologies
- Recognize anti-patterns when typical challenges are starting to take place
- Apply principles to overcome typical challenges in their own unique situations
- Recognize positive patterns as changes are made
This live event is for you because…
- You’re considering adopting Agile methodologies at your organization and want to be aware of potential pain points and challenges.
- You want to understand how Agile can help make your organization more nimble and flexible.
- Come with your questions for Seth Dobbs
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
- Take Applying Agile: Putting Theory into Practice (live online training course with Matt LeMay)
- Take Agile for Distributed Teams in 90 Minutes (live online training course with Matt LeMay)
- Read SAFe 5.0 Distilled: Achieving Business Agility with the Scaled Agile Framework (book)
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing.
Tuesday, February 8, 2022, at 9:00am PT / 12:00pm ET
- Introduction and presentation (30 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (30 minutes)
Seth Dobbs a leader who possesses deep technology industry experience and provides short-term and long-term strategies for clients, bringing to life human-centric approaches to business problems. His depth is both on the technology and people sides of the equation, and he trains both new and experienced leaders using his “Principle-Driven Leadership” philosophy. He’s the CTO at Bounteous, where he owns the vision and excellence of the technology capabilities and the growth and career paths of the development team. He also works with clients to create effective technology strategies and architectures that deliver amazing experiences in support of the clients' business objectives. Seth was named “Chicago's best technology manager” in 2016 by Tech in Motion. He’s an O'Reilly author and previously served on the O'Reilly Software Architecture Conference program committee.