Automating with Ansible
Learning Ansible Advanced Features
Topic: System Administration
Ansible is a configuration management solution that can be used in DevOps environments to deploy and manage software and configurations on different assets in the data center. Using Ansible makes deploying software more efficient, and allows companies to implement an easy to use standard for managing any IT assets. Ansible has rapidly evolved to one of the most important solutions for configuration management, and can be used in heterogeneous environments and on multiple operating systems
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Using Jinja2 templates in an Ansible environment
- Using Ansible beyond Linux
- Implementing Roles
- Deploying Roles with Ansible Galaxy
- Troubleshooting Ansible
This training course is for you because...
- This Training provides candidate with the advanced skills that are required to take working with Ansible to the next level
- Attending the the Safari Live Training Course "Ansible in 3 Hours" by Sander van Vugt
- Watching Ansible Fundamentals LiveLessons by Sander Van Vugt (video)
Materials, downloads, or Supplemental Content needed in advance
To follow along with the labs in this course, participants are encouraged to install and configure their own lab environments. The following are required:
- One Linux virtual machine with the name “ansible-control” which has been set up as an Ansible controller.
- Two Linux virtual machines with the name ansible1 and ansible2 which have been set up as Ansible managed nodes
- One Windows machine which has been set up with Windows 2016 Standard Server edition. This machine is not integrated in Ansible yet.
- The instructor is using the latest version of CentOS Linux, it is encouraged to use this Linux distribution, but other Linux distributions should also work Instructions for setting up a lab environment can be found here: https://www.safaribooksonline.com/videos/automating-with-ansible/9780135308806/9780135308806-AWAL_01_01_01
- If an attendee wants has no experience with Linux, it helps to watch the course "Beginning Linux System Administration" before attending
About your instructor
Sander van Vugt started working with Linux in 1992. He wrote his first book about Linux in 1999, and up to date has completed 62 different books on Linux related topics, including the best selling titles like the RHCSA Complete Video Course and the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Crash Course as well as many other open source platform titles. He also works as a Linux instructor, teaching on-site and on-line classes for customers around the world.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1: Using Jinja2 templates in an Ansible environment (40 minutes)
- Students will learn how to automate host-specific parameters using Jinja templates
Break: 10 minutes
Segment 2: Using Ansible beyond Linux (40 minutes)
- Students will learn how to use Ansible modules to manage platforms other than Linux using Ansible
Break: 10 minutes
Segment 3: Implementing Roles (40 minutes)
- Students will learn how to use Ansible roles to use playbooks in a more efficient way.
Break: 10 minutes
Segment 4: Deploying Roles with Ansible Galaxy (30 minutes)
- Students will learn how to use Ansible Galaxy to work with Ansible roles
Segment 5: Troubleshooting Ansible (30 minutes)
- Students will learn how to troubleshoot specific Ansible scenarios