Azure Certified IoT Developer Crash Course
Prepare for Exam AZ-220: Microsoft Azure IoT Developer
Topic: System Administration
Are you a developer implementing, coding, or maintaining cloud or edge components of IoT solutions? Is part of your job to manage a devices’ lifecycle, from setup and configuration to maintenance, using cloud services? Do you design IoT solutions including device topology, connectivity, debugging, and security? Or implement solutions to manage, monitor, and transform data related to IoT? If these job responsibilities sound familiar, you’re the perfect candidate to showcase your skills by earning your Azure IoT Developer Specialty.
But first you’ll need to pass Exam AZ-220: Microsoft Azure IoT Developer, which tests your ability to analyze IoT solution requirements, design IoT solutions, and implement and monitor these solutions.
In this crash course, Reza Salehi walks you through the content areas you’ll encounter on the exam, including implementing the IoT solution infrastructure, provisioning and managing devices, implementing solutions on Azure IoT edge devices, processing and managing data, monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing IoT solutions, and implementing security. Join in for a dive into what you need to know to ace the AZ-220 exam and gain a better understanding of the Microsoft Azure IoT landscape.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- How Azure role-based certifications work
- The topics likely to appear on Exam AZ-220
- The role of a Microsoft Azure IoT developer
And you’ll be able to:
- Identify gaps in your own knowledge of Azure
- Work toward Azure certification to prove your skills and increase your professional credibility
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a developer or architect with passion for the IoT and connected devices.
- You work with Microsoft Azure.
- You want to become a Microsoft Certified Azure IoT Developer.
- An Azure account (Free tier is fine.)
- Familiarity with Azure concepts and services, REST APIs, and IoT devices and their use cases
- Take Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Crash Course (live online training course with Sidney Andrews)
- Read Azure Internet of Things Revealed: Architecture and Fundamentals (book)
- Watch Introduction to Microsoft Azure IoT (video, 2h 55m)
About your instructor
Reza Salehi is a software consultant and a Microsoft Certified Trainer Alumni. He is also a Pluralsight author and trained thousands of students in live, on-demand and in-person courses. Having a software development background, he is passionate about cloud technologies and has over two decades of enterprise IT experience. Reza continues to help his clients transition to the cloud and share his expertise with fellow developers and engineers through training.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Exam AZ-220 overview (5 minutes)
- Presentation: Exam AZ-220 breakdown
Implementing the IoT solution infrastructure (55 minutes)
- Presentation: Creating and configuring an IoT Hub; building device messaging and communication; configuring physical IoT devices
- Hands-on exercise: Create and configure an IoT Hub
Break (5 minutes)
Provisioning and managing devices (50 minutes)
- Presentation: Implementing the IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service (DPS); managing the device lifecycle; managing IoT devices using IoT Hub; building a solution using IoT Central
- Hands-on exercise: Implement the Device Provisioning Service
Break (5 minutes)
Implementing Edge (30 minutes)
- Presentation: Setting up and deploying an IoT Edge device; developing modules; configuring an IoT Edge device
- Hands-on exercise: Develop modules
Processing and managing data (25 minutes)
- Presentation: Configuring routing in Azure IoT Hub; configuring stream processing; configuring an IoT solution for time series insights (TSI)
Break (5 minutes)
Monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing IoT solutions (15 minutes)
- Presentation: Configuring health monitoring; troubleshooting device communication; performing end-to-end solution testing and diagnostics
Implementing security (35 minutes)
- Presentation: Implementing device authentication in the IoT Hub; implementing device security using DPS; implementing Azure Security Center (ASC) for the IoT
What to expect on the exam (10 minutes)
- Presentation: AZ-220 certification exam length, topics and labs; what’s covered on the AZ-220 certification exam; what roles this certification opens up for candidates