Azure Cognitive Services
Use AI to solve business problems
Not so long ago, it was very difficult to build smart applications. AI capabilities had to be manually built into the application code, and most small companies didn’t have the resources and expertise to do so. But Azure Cognitive Services changed the game, letting you equip your applications with state-of-the-art AI features. Your applications can see, listen to, speak with, and understand your users. This is AI as a service. You don’t need to worry about maintaining this AI infrastructure; Azure takes care of that. You just integrate your application with easy-to-consume Cognitive Service APIs.
Reza Salehi walks you through the Azure Cognitive Services one by one, explaining how these services make smart applications possible and common use cases. Along the way, you’ll get some hands-on experience putting them into action.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- The Azure Cognitive Services (Decision, Vision, Speech, Search, and Language)
- How to convert speech into text and text into natural-sounding speech
- How to enable speaker verification and recognition using Speech
- How to add Bing Search APIs to your apps with a single API call using Search
And you’ll be able to:
- Recognize, identify, caption, index, and moderate your pictures, videos, and digital ink content using Vision
- Detect potentially offensive and unwanted images or filter undesirable text using Decision
- Automatically detect languages, translate them, and create a custom translator for industry-specific scenarios using Language
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a software developer, engineer, or technical architect who wants to include rich AI features in your smart application.
- You work with the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Familiarity with Azure Portal, a modern programming language, and RESTful API basics
- An Azure subscription with enough permissions to provision Cognitive Service instances (recommended) or an individual trial account (Register here—test your account prior to the course to make sure it can be used.)
- Watch What Are the Azure Cognitive Services? (video, 4m 41s)
About your instructor
Reza Salehi is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). Reza helps his clients move to Azure and AWS clouds while sharing his expertise with fellow developers and engineers through training. He’s passionate about teaching and has delivered in-class, remote, and on-demand courses. He started professional application development with classic ASP, PHP, Adobe Flash, and ActionScript; over his career he’s mostly focused on Microsoft technologies, including the ASP.NET Web API, .NET Core, SQL Server, and the Azure cloud.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Understanding vision and decision (55 minutes)
- Lecture: The Vision and Decision services; working with the Vision and Decision APIs
- Group discussion: Working with Vision and Decision services
- Hands-on exercise: Use the Vision API
Break (5 minutes)
Understanding speech and language (55 minutes)
- Lecture: The Speech and Language services; working with Speech and Language APIs
- Group discussion: The Speech and Language services
- Hands-on exercise: Use the Speech API
Break (5 minutes)
Understanding search (50 minutes)
- Lecture: The Search service; working with the Search service
- Group discussion: The Search service
- Hands-on exercise: Use the Bing Search API
Wrap-up and Q&A (10 minutes)