Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Essentials
Learn the key elements of blockchain, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency
Topic: Software Development
Learn the key elements of blockchain, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in this easy-to-follow and easy-to-understand live training course. This course will help you understand blockchain, Bitcoin and other types of cryptocurrency. You will also get to understand more advanced concepts such as what are smart contracts and digital tokens, and we will go over multiple real use cases of blockchain, above and beyond Bitcoin.
This training will prepare and arm you with the knowledge and vocabulary you’ll need to understand and engage in professional conversations around the topics of blockchain and cryptocurrency. After completing the course, you will be well on your way to master blockchain Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- What is blockchain?
- What are cryptocurrencies?
- What is Bitcoin and its history
- What are smart contracts and why are they important?
- Common misconceptions about blockchain and Bitcoin
- How does Bitcoin work?
- Use cases of blockchain beyond Bitcoin
This training course is for you because...
You want to:
- See a live demo of what a blockchain is and how it works
- Learn the key vocabulary and terms you’ll need to have educated conversations about blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Understand what smart contracts are and how they are being applied in different business scenarios
- Explore and discuss the wide range of cryptocurrencies and blockchains that currently exist
- There are no requirements for this course beyond having an interest in learning what blockchain, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are about, and why they are so important.
- The ideal student for this course is someone who wants to quickly understand and expand their knowledge of how blockchain, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies work as well as how they are applied in business.
About your instructor
George Levy is an award-winning Lecturer and Senior Instructor on blockchain, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency at Blockchain Institute of Technology (BIT), a leading professional training and certification organization focused on blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. He is also Co-Founder and Chief Marketing Officer for Bitsonline, a prominent media portal for all things cryptocurrency, blockchain and the technology that frames it all.
He is a former Regional Manager for Microsoft Corporation, and a Vice President for the World Business Forum (WOBI).
A digital entrepreneur with over 20 years of professional experience working with Internet and digital technology, he is on a mission to help further the global growth of blockchain technology in order to drive positive change.
George Levy is a Certified Senior Blockchain Professional (CSBCP) from Blockchain Institute of Technology (BIT), and a Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP) from CryptoCurrency Certification Consortium (C4)
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1: Blockchain and Bitcoin
Length: 50 minutes - What is blockchain? - What is Bitcoin? - Demo: Blockchain - The value of blockchain
Q&A: 10 minutes
Break: 15 minutes
Segment 2: Cryptocurrency and Smart Contracts
Length: 50 minutes - What is cryptocurrency? - What are the different types of cryptocurrency available? - What are smart contracts? - What are digital tokens?
Q&A: 10 minutes
Break: 15 minutes
Segment 3: Uses of Blockchain Beyond Bitcoin, Limitations and Misconceptions Around Blockchain, and Looking Ahead
Length: 30 minutes
- Business use cases beyond Bitcoin
- Limitations of blockchain technology
- Common misconceptions around blockchain and cryptocurrency
- The future of blockchain and cryptocurrency