Cyber Security Fundamentals
Cybersecurity is growing field. The number of cyber-attacks continue to rise. Demand for safe and secure data, and other concerns mean that companies need professionals to keep their information safe. In this training, you will learn how to get started in cyber security.
In this course you will learn introductory cyber security concepts, as well as the different focus areas in cyber security. You will explore different concepts of incident response, digital forensics, security operations, and security management. This course will also go over cyber security in the Internet of Things (IoT), secure development management, and how cyber security is affecting software development (including DevOps and cloud computing).
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Cyber security fundamentals.
- Cyber security focus areas.
- How cyber security is transforming your industry, company, and career.
- Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Exploits and Their Associated Risk
- Attack Methods
- Introduction to Incident Response
- Concepts of Digital Forensics
- Network and Host Telemetry
- Access Control Models
- Introduction to Security Management and Governance
- Introduction to Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- An Overview of Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Cyber Security Operations and Challenge
- Introduction to Cloud Security
- Introduction to IoT Security
This training course is for you because...
- You are contemplating starting a career in cyber security.
- You would like to better understand cyber security concepts.
- Basic understanding of computing concepts (hardware, software, networking, storage, and cloud computing)
If you do not have a basic understanding of security terminology, please view the following videos before attending the training.
Security Principles (from CCNA Cyber Ops SECFND 210-250 Complete Video Course)
Fundamentals of Cryptography and PKI (from CCNA Cyber Ops SECFND 210-250 Complete Video Course)
Threat Analysis (from CCNA Cyber Ops SECOPS 210-255 Complete Video Course)
Introduction to NetFlow and IPFIX (from Cisco NetFlow for Cyber Security Big Data Analytics LiveLessons)
Overview of Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing (from Security Penetration Testing The Art of Hacking Series LiveLessons)
(Learning Path) From Zero to Ethical Hacker- 10 Weeks to Becoming an Ethical Hacker and Bug Hunter: https://learning.oreilly.com/learning-paths/from-zero-to/8204091500000000008/
Additional Resources for this Training:
About your instructor
Omar Santos is an active member of the cybersecurity community, where he leads several industry-wide initiatives. He is the lead of the DEF CON Red Team Village; the chair of the Common Security Advisory Framework (CSAF) technical committee; the co-chair of the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST) Open Source Security working group; and has been the chair of several initiatives in the Industry Consortium for Advancement of Security on the Internet (ICASI). His active role helps businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants dedicated to increasing the security of their critical infrastructures.
Omar is the author of over twenty books and video courses, as well as numerous white papers, articles, and security configuration guidelines and best practices. Omar is a principal engineer of the Cisco Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT), where he mentors and leads engineers and incident managers during the investigation and resolution of cyber security vulnerabilities. Additional information about Omar’s current projects can be found at omarsantos.io and you can follow Omar on Twitter @santosomar.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
- Cyber Security Concepts (15 mins)
- Understanding Defense-in-Depth (20 mins)
- Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Exploits and Their Associated Risk (25 mins)
Break (10 mins)
- Attack Methods (30 mins)
- Introduction to Public Key Cryptography (30 mins)
Break (10 mins)
- Understanding Incident Response (30 mins)
- Exploring Digital Forensics (30 mins)
- Network and Host Telemetry (20 mins)
- Security Monitoring (20 mins)
- Access Control Models (20 mins)
Break (10 mins)
- Introduction to Security Management and Governance (20 mins)
- Introduction to Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) (20 mins)
- An Overview of Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking (20 mins)
Break (10 mins)
- Cyber Security Operations and Challenges (20 mins)
- Introduction to Cloud Security (20 mins)
- Introduction to IoT Security (20 mins)