Essential Content Marketing and SEO
Harness the power of content marketing to enhance your reputation, visibility, and SEO
Content marketing has erupted on the scene and it seems like everyone is doing it; however, few people are doing it well. With content marketing and SEO expert Eric Enge as your guide, you’ll learn why content marketing is a great way to build a sustainable competitive advantage. Find out how to connect with your potential customers where they gather online and forge relationships with them by creating insightful editorial content and helping them solve their real, day-to-day problems. In just three hours, you’ll explore industry data and real-life examples that elucidate the types of content marketing programs that deliver measurable business results, and you’ll learn the core principles for success.
Key to understanding and successfully leveraging content is the recognition that ubiquitous connectivity has changed the world of marketing forever. Businesses and consumers have immediate access to unlimited information. Competition is fierce and authenticity is crucial. Customers want to do business with companies they trust. Therein lies the opportunity. By engaging with consumers on their terms and meeting their needs you’ll build the trust you need to differentiate yourself.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on course, you’ll understand:
- What types of content get high user engagement
- What types of content maximize growth in reputation and visibility
- What types of content drive SEO results
- How to estimate campaign ROI in advance
And you’ll be able to:
- Put together a plan for a content marketing campaign that you can use to justify funding for a content marketing program
- Plan and execute your own content marketing campaigns
This training course is for you because...
- You work in a digital marketing department and want to use content marketing to gain a competitive edge.
- You are a content marketer and want to understand online marketing and SEO.
- You want to engage customers and create compelling content.
An entry-level understanding of content marketing and SEO. You don’t need to be an active practitioner of either, though active practitioners will receive great value from this training.
About your instructor
Eric Enge is recognized the world over as one of the top experts on content marketing and SEO. He is lead co-author of The Art of SEO, considered to be the textbook for SEO. Eric is a sought-after keynote and conference speaker; he speaks at more than 50 conferences per year. His work is regularly published in The Digital Marketing Excellence blog and he writes columns in Search Engine Land and Moz, the top two sites covering the digital marketing space. Eric is the CEO of Stone Temple Consulting, a 60+ person digital marketing agency based in Massachusetts.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Module One: What is Content Marketing? (30 minutes)
- What’s it good for?
- Examples of companies doing this well
Module Two: What kind of content is effective? (30 minutes)
- Review of industry studies on effective content
- Isolating the key elements for success
- Who is your target audience?
- Why it’s critical to be an expert
Module Three: The power of the vertical approach (15 minutes)
- Explore the wide range of potential opportunities
- Examine vertical content types, vertical channels
- Review examples of companies doing this well
Module Four: What audiences expect (15 minutes)
- New ways of interacting in our hyper-connected world
- More and better access to data
- Personalization and customization from companies and brands
Module Five: Today’s environment is an ecosystem (20 minutes)
- Role of social media
- Role of influencers
- Putting it all together into a program
Module Six: Time to optimize your campaign! (30 minutes)
- Identifying target categories
- Targeting SEO goals
- Analyzing what’s needed to move up the ranks
- Review of a process
Exercise: Go through an example scenario (provided by instructor) and make recommendations of what it will take to move a selected target page into the top five of the Google results (15 minutes)