Exam DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution Crash Course
Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
Topic: System Administration
Microsoft Azure Data Engineers use Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Databricks, and Azure Blob storage to design and implement data solutions. To become a Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate, you’ll need to pass Exam DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution, which tests your ability to design data solutions that use Azure data services.
In this crash course, Reza Salehi walks you through the objectives on the exam and gives you a holistic background so you can better understand the Microsoft data engineer landscape. By the time you’re through, you’ll be ready to recommend an Azure data storage solution based on requirements, design nonrelational and relational cloud data stores, design batch and real-time processing solutions, and design security for source data access and for data policies and standards. Join in to gain an understanding of Azure data platforms at a high level while preparing for the exam according to the certification exam guide published by Microsoft.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- How Azure role-based certifications work
- The topics most likely to appear on Exam DP-201
- How to do the work of the Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate
And you’ll be able to:
- Complete your studies to prepare for the DP-201 certification exam
- Work toward Azure certification to prove your skills and increase your professional credibility
- Use Azure services to implement data solutions
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a developer or architect with passion for data solutions and pipelines.
- You work with Microsoft Azure.
- You want to become a Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate.
- An Azure account (Free tier is fine.)
- Familiarity with relational and nonrelational data models and Azure data services, including Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure Synapse Analytics (formerly Azure SQL DW), Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Databricks, and Azure Blob storage
- Take Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Crash Course (live online training course with Sidney Andrews)
- Watch Getting Started with Microsoft Cosmos DB Using C#: Cloud Database Support for .NET Applications (video, 1h 2m)
- Watch Professional Azure SQL Database Administration (video, 4h 58m)
- Watch Azure MasterClass: Analyze Data With Azure Stream Analytics (video, 3h 11m)
About your instructor
Reza Salehi is a software consultant and a Microsoft Certified Trainer Alumni. He is also a Pluralsight author and trained thousands of students in live, on-demand and in-person courses. Having a software development background, he is passionate about cloud technologies and has over two decades of enterprise IT experience. Reza continues to help his clients transition to the cloud and share his expertise with fellow developers and engineers through training.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
DP-201 overview (5 minutes)
- Presentation: What’s covered on the DP-201 certification exam
Designing Azure data storage solutions (70 minutes)
- Presentation and demos: Recommending an Azure data storage solution based on requirements; designing nonrelational cloud data stores; designing relational cloud data stores
Break (5 minutes)
Designing data processing solutions (70 minutes)
- Presentation and demos: Designing batch processing solutions; designing real-time processing solutions
Break (5 minutes)
Designing for data security and compliance (70 minutes)
- Presentation and demos: Designing security for source data access; designing security for data policies and standards
Break (5 minutes)
What to expect on the exam? (15 minutes)
- Presentation: DP-201 certification exam length and topics; registering for the exam; what’s covered on the DP-201 certification exam; what roles does this certification open up for candidates