Getting Started with Azure
Topic: System Administration
Microsoft Azure is a global-scale Cloud provider that has been quietly gaining market share in the background. The Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) models can be leveraged to migrate existing workloads and deploy new workloads to the Cloud.
In this introductory course will help you and your organization to get a solid basis on how Azure works and how you can get start to build workloads. Join the big names in the industry and get your Azure knowledge a boost!
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Azure basics
- Azure Terminology, Cloud Models, Best practices and Cloud concepts like: High Availability, Scalability, Elasticity, Agility, Fault Tolerance, and Disaster Recovery
- Understand and Compare the most popular Azure services
- Hands-on demonstrations building infrastructure to run popular services like Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, Web Apps, Azure Storage, SQL Databases, Containers and Azure Active Directory.
This training course is for you because...
- You want to make a career switch to Microsoft Azure Cloud
- You are an IT Professional that is responsible to design and deploy and new infrastructure in Azure
- You are a functional or technical manager whose team is responsible for Azure infrastructure
- You are an auditor responsible to audit Microsoft Azure resources
- You want to upgrade your services from on-prem to the cloud
- Basic IT Infrastructure knowledge with virtual machines, storage and networking.
- Students will need to have access to an Azure subscription to experience some of the labs/exercises. See the GitHub readme for more information: https://github.com/tiagocostapt/azure-getting-started
- Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (Video) by Jim Cheshire:
- Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Crash Course (Live Online Training) by Sidney Andrews (Dates vary; search O’Reilly Learning for an upcoming date)
- Exam AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator (Video) by Michael Shannon (publishing June 2020)
About your instructor
Tiago Costa is a Cloud Architect and Advisor and International speaker for the Microsoft Cloud. For the past years he has been architecting and developing solutions using Microsoft Azure for some of the fortune 500 companies. Due to his strong real-world experience, Tiago regularly teaches Microsoft Azure classes around the world.
Microsoft Azure MVP since 2016 for his community efforts in promoting and sharing knowledge with the community. Tiago has 40+ Microsoft Certifications including MCT – Microsoft Certified Trainer and got awarded as MCT Regional Lead since 2016 every year. He’s the founder of the Azure Portugal User Group.
He loves diving into new technologies and to share his experience at conferences and training classes, but what excites him about his work is to help others exploring new frontiers in technology impacting their life’s, making the world a better place for everyone.
His free time is spent with his family in the sunny Lisbon, Portugal building cool and geek projects
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Introduction to Cloud Computing – 10m
Working with the Azure Platform – 20m
Azure Subscriptions and Resource Groups – 20m
Azure Architectural components – 15m
Identity with Azure AD – 30m
Break – 10m
Azure Storage – 30m
Azure Networking – 15m
Azure Compute - 60m
Q&A – 10 m
Azure App Service – 60m
Azure SQL Databases – 30m
Break – 10m
Azure Security – 30m
Azure Infrastructure as code (ARM Templates) – 20m
Azure Governance – 30m
Cost Management – 10m
Q&A – 10 m