IBM Blockchain Platform as a Service
Get to know Blockchain as a Service
The IBM Blockchain Platform is a cloud-based platform which provides tools for you to easily develop, operate, and grow your permissioned enterprise blockchain applications. This training will provide an overview of the platform features and capabilities so you can quickly get up to speed. The training also provides use cases with demos and optional labs that focused on business network setup and chaincode deployments with Composer.. Demos will go thru setting up a Hyperledger Fabric business network and then focus on deploying blockchain applications running on a Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) and will additionally cover Smart Contracts, developing applications, Hyperledger Composer, IBM Blockchain development considerations and best practices, how to architect your business network and finally consensus, peers, MSP, nodes and deployment considerations. A review of Hyperledger Fabric, which is the open source framework for developing IBM blockchain applications and solutions with a modular architecture will be covered as well.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- IBM Blockchain Platform Foundations, Membership and Options
- IBM Blockchain Platform Organization Deployment Structure
- IBM Blockchain Platform Starter Plan and Enterprise Plan Considerations
- IBM Blockchain Platform Use Cases and Considerations
- How to develop and deploy sample applications that utilize chaincode on IBM Blockchain Platform.
- What Hyperledger Fabric and Hyperledger Composer Framework
- Blockchain as A service (BaaS) benefits for Enterprises (CAPEX/OPEX/ROI/TCO)
- Best Practices in blockchain development and architecture design for IBM BaaS
This training course is for you because...
- You are interested in understanding how a Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) works with IBM and would like to understand how to deploy a Hyperledger BaaS.
- Your organization is considering IBM Blockchain as a Service or your currently deploying in the IBM BaaS
- You have an interest in Blockchain technology around a planning and deployment perspective.
- You are working towards IBM Blockchain certification
- Basic Enterprise Networking and architecture experience
- Basic experience with Blockchain technologies and container technologies such as Docker.
- Smart Contract programming would be helpful, but is not a requirement
Materials, downloads, or Supplemental Content needed in advance
Sign up for free Hyperledger Blockchain for Business – An Introduction and Tutorial for Hyperledger Technologies on hyperledger.org
Review the IBM Blockchain website: https://console.bluemix.net/docs/services/blockchain/index.html#ibm-blockchain-platform
- Review IBM Blockchain Platform website
- Review IBM Blockchain Platform Documentation
About your instructor
Joe Holbrook has been in the IT field since 1993 when he was exposed to several HPUX systems onboard a US Navy flagship USS JFK. He has migrated from UNIX networking world to Storage Area Networking(SAN) and then onto Enterprise Cloud/Virtualization and Blockchain Architectures. He has worked for numerous companies like HDS, 3PAR Data, Brocade, Dimension Data, EMC, Northrup Grumman, ViON, Ibasis.net, Chematch.com, SAIC and Siemens Nixdorf. He also has been a contract technical trainer for HPE (3PAR), Hitachi Data Systems, Training Associates, ITPrenuers and Global Knowledge. Joe is also a widely published course author on outlets such as LinkedIn Learning, INE.com, and Pearson Safari
Currently, Joe is the owner of MyBlockChainExperts and is based out of Jacksonville, FL. He is also a frequent conference speaker and blogger and technical marketer. Joe also accomplished the Google Analytics Individual Qualification(GAIQ) and has provided technical marketing guidance for numerous small businesses. Joe previously owned HPE Property Management for 10 years, which he utilized Google Analytics proficiently to take over the Reston, VA market before selling to a competitor in 2018.
Joe is also a Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP), Certified Blockchain Solutions Architect (CBSA) and Certified Blockchain Developer- Hyperledger Fabric- (CBDH), and avid Blockchain and Cryptocurrency geek. He also holds Industry leading certifications from Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Brocade, Hitachi Data Systems, EMC, VMWare, CompTIA, HP, Cloud Credential Council, Palo Alto Networks and numerous other organizations
Joe is the author of “Architecting Enterprise Blockchain Solutions” Wiley October 2019
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1 Introduction to IBM Blockchain Services (55 mins)
Break 10 mins
Segment 2 Features, Subscriptions and Use Cases (55 mins)
Segment 3 Smart Contracts (40 mins)
Break 10 mins
Segment 4 Developing Applications (40 mins)
Segment 5 Hyperledger Composer (40 mins)
Segment 6 IBM Blockchain Development Considerations (55 mins)
Segment 7 Blockchain Development Best Practices (55 mins)
Segment 8 Architecting your Business Network (60 mins)
Segment 9 Consensus. Peers, MSP, Nodes and Deployment Considerations (45 mins)
Wrap-up and Q&A (10 mins)