Infrastructure & Ops Hour: GitOps with Alexis Richardson
Topic: System Administration
Join us for a special conversation on GitOps with Sam Newman and Weaveworks founder Alexis Richardson. They’ll share what led to the need for GitOps, fascinating aspects of the discipline, and interesting convergence areas—along with insights that will help you approach the most challenging aspects of building and managing evolving architectural needs.
This is your chance to ask Sam and Alexis anything you want about GitOps, Kubernetes, or their own career journeys. They’ll spend a few minutes covering the trends that are influencing infrastructure and operations, then tell you what you need to know to stay ahead of the curve.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Explore the origins of GitOps and understand why it’s needed
- See what’s coming next for infrastructure and ops
This training course is for you because...
- You want the chance to ask Sam Newman and Alexis Richardson your questions around working using GitOps.
- You’re looking for ways to use GitOps to support your production goals.
- You want to become well versed in the foundations and best practices of pipeline creation and deployment.
- Come with your questions for Sam Newman and Alexis Richardson
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
- Read Building Microservices, second edition (book)
- Read Version Control with Git, second edition (book)
- Read Kubernetes: Up and Running, second edition (book)
- Watch “GitOps 101” (conference session)
- Attend GitOps First Steps (live online training course with Ian Miell)
- Attend Git Next Steps (live online training course with Raju Gandhi)
About your instructors
After spending time at multiple startups and 12 years at ThoughtWorks, Sam Newman is now an independent consultant. Specializing in microservices, cloud, and continuous delivery, Sam helps clients deliver software faster and more reliably through training and consulting. An experienced speaker, Sam has given talks at conferences across the world and is the author of Building Microservices and Monolith to Microservices, both from O'Reilly.
Alexis Richardson is the founder and CEO of Weaveworks and the former chairman of the Technical Oversight Committee (TOC) at the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. Previously he was head of products for Spring, RabbitMQ, Redis, Apache Tomcat, and vFabric at Pivotal, where he was responsible for resetting the product direction of Spring and transitioning the vFabric business from VMware. Before that, Alexis cofounded RabbitMQ and was the CEO of the Rabbit company (acquired by VMware in 2010). Rumors persist that he cofounded several other companies, including Cohesive Networks, after a career as a prop trader in fixed income derivatives and a misspent youth studying and teaching mathematical logic.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
March 3, 2021, at 7:00am PT / 10:00am ET
- Introduction and presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)