Introduction to Cisco Tetration Workload Protection: Cisco Tetration in 4 Hours
Cisco Tetration in 4 Hours
Topic: System Administration
In today’s data center, knowledge of your applications is power. The power to be successful in a segmentation or micro-segmentation strategy. The power to successfully manage risk and know your applications are protected no matter what platform they run on or where they are deployed. These are just a few of the benefits that Tetration provides.
This course helps the student understand and become familiar with Tetration so that they may start to leverage its benefits within their own enterprise environment.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Understand how to protect modern day applications.
- Understand what Cisco Tetration is and what it was created.
- Examine the features of Tetration
- Application Dependency Mapping
- Workload Hardening
This training course is for you because...
The target audience for this introductory training is IT and security professionals in organizations who want to incorporate modern-day segmentation and application security into their businesses. More specifically, candidates that want to learn about Cisco’s approach to application workload security in both public and private clouds architectures.
- A basic understanding of datacenter or cloud security
- A basic understanding of technologies your will find in a datacenter
- A basic understanding of public cloud
- A basic understanding of bare metal and server virtualization technologies
- Basic knowledge of what a container and or container orchestration platform is
- Read Cisco ISE for BYOD and Secure Unified Access (book)
- Watch Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) LiveLessons (Video Training) by Frank Dagenhardt
- Read Deploying ACI (book) by Frank Dagenhart, Jose Moreno, and Bill Dufresne
- Take Application Centric Infrastructure ACI in 4 Hours (O'Reilly Live Training)
- Read Hyperconverged Infrastructure Data Centers: Demystifying HCI (book)
- Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) LiveLessons (Video Training) by Frank Dagenhardt
- Deploying ACI (book) by Frank Dagenhart, Jose Moreno, and Bill Dufresne
About your instructor
Frank Dagenhardt, CCIE No. 42081, is a Technical Solutions Architect for Cisco focusing primarily on Data Center architectures. Frank has over 24 years in Information Technology. A Cisco veteran of over 14 years he works with customers daily designing, implementing and supporting end-to-end architectures and solutions. Frank has worked on and continues to be involved in publications about Cisco products. He frequently presents on Data Center topics at Cisco Live US. When not thinking about Data Center topics, Frank can be found backpacking, kayaking or at home with his wife and three children.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1: Modern Applications (10 minutes)
- Students will learn how applications have evolved over time and how we need to think differently about securing these applications in data centers and multi-cloud environments.
Segment 2: What is Tetration (40 minutes)
- Students will learn what Tetration is and how it helps to secure applications
- Break: 10 minutes
Segment 3: Tetration Data Sources (25 minutes)
- Students will learn how Tetration collects key information about their applications.
Segment 4: Application Dependency Map (25 minutes)
- Students will learn about the capabilities of Tetration to learn their applications so that additional security can be applied.
- Break: 10 minutes
Segment 5: Segmentation (25 minutes)
- Students will learn how Tetration can help them protect their workloads and in turn their applications through segmentation.
Segment 6: Hardening (25 minutes)
- Students will learn how Tetration can help them protect their workloads and in turn their applications through hardening.
- Break: 10 minutes
Segment 7: Forensics (35 minutes)
- Students will learn how Tetration can help them detect and respond to undesirable behaviors once their applications are secure.
Segment 8: Additional Features and Alerting (15 minutes)
- Students will learn about additional features Tetration provides and what types of alerting can be configured.
Course wrap-up and next steps