Meet the Expert: Josh Biggley and Destiny Bertucci on Observability and Monitoring
Has observability killed monitoring? Today the rearview understanding that monitoring provides no longer suffices. You need to know how your systems are performing right now.
Join us for this edition of Meet the Expert with seasoned IT/ops practitioners Josh Biggley and Destiny Bertucci to explore the state of performance monitoring today. They’ll share their insights along with new research data that exposes why monitoring is being replaced by full-estate observability. Join in to learn what's needed for complete observability—and see how to get started.
O'Reilly Meet the Expert explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live show, you’ll better understand:
- The state of performance monitoring today
- Why observability is replacing monitoring in many organizations
This Discussion is for you because...
- You want to learn about the fundamental shifts that are transforming the business landscape and customer needs.
- You want to understand what's needed for complete observability into your systems.
- Come with your questions for Josh Biggley and Destiny Bertucci
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
- Read Practical Monitoring (book)
- Read Observability Engineering (book)
- Read Distributed Systems Observability (report)
- Watch “Observability for Developers: How to Get from Here to There” (conference session)
About your guests
Josh Biggley has more than two decades of experience in the IT industry including extensive experience in healthcare, tier 1 manufacturing, and consulting. With a focus and specialization on enterprise-scale monitoring and observability, Josh has spent the past decade bridging the gap between engineers and businesses into a unified effort to improve customer experience. A storyteller and data geek, Josh prefers to lead through narrative and data-driven supports that elevate and solidify the goals and outcomes. A SolarWinds MVP from 2014 to 2019, Josh has contributed to ebooks on monitoring, spoken at global and regional user conferences, and has been fortunate enough to surround himself with smart people wherever he goes.
Destiny Bertucci is currently a Product Strategist at Auvik, and was previously with SolarWinds as a Product Manager and other roles for almost 15 years. Destiny has a broad array of certifications and degrees such as Auvik Certified Professional, SolarWinds Certified Professional, Cisco® Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CompTIA IT Operations Specialist (CIOS), CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Specialist (CSIS), INFOSEC, NSX Fundamentals, database development degree, and B.S. Cyber security and information assurance. In her 15 years as a network manager, she has worked in healthcare, federal, and application engineering, which allowed her to be a successful SolarWinds Senior Application Engineer for over nine years. This allowed her to then become a product manager for network and security tools.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
THURSDAY, MARCH 25, 2021, at 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET
- Introduction and presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)