Meet the Expert: Nicole Sanchez on the Future of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Tech
For the last several years, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) has dominated tech headlines. Companies are beginning to understand that DEI is a vital part of a healthy and successful company. But in the wake of COVID-19, how will this work shift? Will companies stay committed to DEI? And how can we leverage the best practices of inclusion to create sustainable businesses in this challenging time?
In this Meet the Expert session, Nicole Sanchez—founder and managing partner of tech’s leading DEI firm, Vaya Consulting—will talk about where DEI is going next and how companies can move beyond rhetoric and into action.
O'Reilly Meet the Expert explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- What the future holds for DEI
- How your company can put DEI practices into action
- How your company can make the move to be more equitable and inclusive
This training course is for you because...
- You want to learn about the fundamental shifts that are transforming the business landscape and customer needs.
- Come with your questions for Nicole Sanchez
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
- Read “Engineering for Equity” (chapter 4 in Software Engineering at Google)
- Read Inclusive Leadership: The Definitive Guide to Developing and Executing an Impactful Diversity and Inclusion Strategy (book)
- Follow and explore Diversity and Inclusion (playlist)
- Follow and explore DEI Resources (playlist)
- Read Subtle Acts of Exclusion (book)
About your instructor
Nicole Sanchez is tech’s leading industry expert on diversity and inclusion. Her firm pioneers solutions to tech's culture problems. Nicole is a Lecturer on workplace diversity at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and recently served as Vice President of Social Impact at GitHub, the world’s largest software development community.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Wednesday, June 17, 2020, at 9:00am PT / 12:00pm ET
- Introduction and presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)