Meet the Expert: Unlocking AI with a Data Fabric with Sam Ramji and David Thomas
Today’s companies face increasing complexity in their data management systems and in the policies that govern that data. To assist clients that are managing data sprawl and shadow data management with big data and AI projects, Deloitte and its ecosystem partners are collaborating with leaders in enterprise data fabric. Implementing a data fabric allows business groups to reduce their time to insights, operate with optimized data security, improve the usability of their data, and remove the complexity affiliated with AI solutions.
In this edition of Meet the Expert, Deloitte’s Dave Thomas and DataStax’s Sam Ramji detail the distinct competitive advantage a well-architected data fabric offers over a single centralized database and explain how you can put one into practice to improve the data strategy for your AI workloads.
O'Reilly Meet the Expert explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live show, you’ll better understand:
- How to create a smooth and secure flow of data for your AI workloads
- How to enhance your data strategy to create workloads conducive to AI solutions
- How to unify AI compute and data silos across sites and regions
- How to scale your data platform to provide zero downtime, zero lock-in, and global scale
- How to reimagine your organization through AI and robotics process automation (RPA) by introducing data-powered innovation
This Discussion is for you because...
- You want to learn about the fundamental shifts that are transforming the business landscape and customer needs.
- You want to reduce time to insight, optimize data security, improve usability of your data, and remove the complexity affiliated with AI solutions.
- Come with your questions for Sam Ramji and David Thomas
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
About your guests
Sam Ramji is chief strategy officer at DataStax. A 25-year veteran of the Silicon Valley and Seattle technology scenes, Sam led Kubernetes and DevOps product management for Google Cloud, founded the Cloud Foundry foundation, has helped build two multibillion-dollar markets (API management at Apigee and enterprise service bus at BEA Systems), and redefined Microsoft’s open source and Linux strategy from “extinguish” to “embrace.” He’s nerdy about open source, platform economics, middleware, and cloud computing with an emphasis on developer experience and enterprise software. Sam is an advisor to multiple companies including Dell Technologies, Accenture, Observable, Insight Engines, and the Linux Foundation. He holds a BS in cognitive science from UCSD and is still excited about artificial intelligence, neuroscience, and cognitive psychology.
Dave Thomas is a principal in Deloitte’s Analytics and Cognitive practice, where he helps bring innovations in the technology sector to his clients’ toughest mission problems and decisions. An expert in building large-scale software systems and analytic platforms, primarily focused on the federal government, he helps clients improve all aspects of their analytics systems, from data modernization to advanced machine learning algorithms.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Monday, November 9, 2020, at 11:00am PT / 2:00pm ET
- Introduction and presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)