Microsoft Azure Developer Associate (AZ-204) Crash Course
Developing solutions for Microsoft Azure
Topic: System Administration
Microsoft Azure developers participate in all phases of cloud development, from requirements definition and design to development, deployment, and maintenance. To become a Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate, you’ll need to pass exam AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure, which tests a candidate’s ability to develop Azure compute solutions, develop for Azure storage, implement Azure security, monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize Azure solutions, and connect to and consume Azure services and third-party services.
If you’re working toward your Azure Developer Associate certification, this is the course for you. In just four hours, experienced trainer Reza Salehi walks you through the objectives of exam AZ-204 and gives you a holistic overview of the Microsoft Azure developer landscape. Join in to gain a high-level understanding of everything you need to know to prepare for and ace your exam.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- Azure IaaS and PaaS platforms
- Azure Storage Account and Cosmos DB
- Containers and Azure Container Registry
- Azure application security and monitoring
- Message-based solutions
- Azure Service Bus and Storage queues
And you’ll be able to:
- Host applications on the Azure IaaS and PaaS platforms
- Work with Azure App Service and serverless
- Work with Azure Storage and Cosmos DB
- Use Azure Active Directory to authenticate users
- Implement Azure Key Vault
- Monitor and troubleshoot applications hosted in Microsoft Azure
- Implement Azure API Management
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a developer or software architect with a passion for Azure.
- You work with enterprise cloud-based applications.
- You want to become a Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate.
- Familiarity with application development
- A basic understanding of the Azure cloud and Azure portal (equivalent to the Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals certification)
- Watch AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam Quick Prep (video, 3h 23m)
- Read “Exam AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure–Skills Measured” (paper)
- Watch AZ-203: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure Exam Prep (video, 8h 13m)
- Watch Microsoft Azure Data Storage for Developers (video, 8h 5m)
- Watch Azure Functions: Getting Started (video, 29m)
- Watch Advanced Scenarios in Azure Functions (video, 45m)
- Watch Deploy, Secure, and Manage Azure Functions (video, 42m)
- Watch Learn Azure Storage SDK (video, 2h 54m)
- Watch Getting Started with Microsoft Cosmos DB Using C#: Cloud Database Support for .NET Applications (video, 1h 2m)
About your instructor
Reza Salehi is a software consultant and a Microsoft Certified Trainer Alumni. He is also a Pluralsight author and trained thousands of students in live, on-demand and in-person courses. Having a software development background, he is passionate about cloud technologies and has over two decades of enterprise IT experience. Reza continues to help his clients transition to the cloud and share his expertise with fellow developers and engineers through training.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Developing Azure compute solutions (65 minutes)
- Presentation and demos: Implementing IaaS solutions; creating Azure App Service web apps; implementing Azure functions
- Break (5 minutes)
Developing for Azure storage (55 minutes)
- Presentation and demos: Developing solutions that use Cosmos DB storage; developing solutions that use Blob storage
- Break (5 minutes)
Implementing Azure security (40 minutes)
- Presentation and demos: Implementing user authentication and authorization; implementing secure cloud solutions
Monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing Azure solutions (25 minutes)
- Presentation and demos: Integrating caching and content delivery within solutions; instrumenting solutions to support monitoring and logging
- Break (5 minutes)
Connecting to and consuming Azure services and third-party services (40 minutes)
- Presentation and demos: Developing an App Service logic app; implementing API Management; developing event-based solutions; developing message-based solutions