Microsoft Certified Azure AI Fundamentals Crash Course
Artificial intelligence is no longer an abstract concept. It’s being used here and now by companies of all sizes and industries. To meet the growing demand for AI and machine learning professionals, Microsoft has created the Exam AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals. Earning this entry-level certification could help jumpstart your career in one of the most exciting areas of IT.
Join expert Emilio Melo to learn everything you need to successfully prepare for the Azure AI Fundamentals exam. You’ll walk through the most important topics on the exam, such as machine learning and cognitive services technologies in vision, NLP, and conversational AI—and identify gaps in your Azure knowledge so that you know exactly what to focus on when getting ready for the exam.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- The most appropriate workloads for artificial intelligence
- The core concepts and domains being tested by the Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals (AI-900) exam
- Key concepts related to creating and consuming Azure AI solutions
- The fundamental principles of AI workloads on Microsoft Azure, including computer vision, natural language processing, conversational AI, and machine learning
And you’ll be able to:
- Pinpoint the most appropriate AI solutions for specific customer requirements
- Identify gaps in your Azure knowledge
- Describe features of conversational AI workloads on Azure
- Differentiate between various data science experiments, including classification, regression, clustering, anomaly detection, and reinforcement learning
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a business or IT professional who wants to become more familiar with data and AI workloads, and see the AI-900 certification as a good stepping stone to prove your value.
- You work with AI workloads and need to certify your knowledge of the area.
- You want to become an Azure AI engineer.
- Familiarity with data and cloud solutions (useful but not required)
- Watch “Cloud and Azure Overview” section in Azure Overview: Introduction for Beginners (video)
- Watch Azure Cognitive Services for Developers (video, 4h 5m)
- Watch Implementing Azure Cognitive Services for Vision (video, 2h 28m)
- Watch Azure Search for Developers (video, 3h 5m)
- Watch Implementing Azure Cognitive Services with QnA Maker (video, 1h 45m)
- Watch Azure Cognitive Services for Language (video, 2h 27m)
- Take Exam DP-200: Implementing an Azure Data Solution Crash Course (live online training course with Reza Salehi)
- Take Exam DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution Crash Course (live online training course with Reza Salehi)
- Take Azure Certified AI Engineer Associate Crash Course (live online training course with Reza Salehi)
About your instructor
Emilio Melo is a globe-trotting IT professional with projects in over 15 countries, mostly focused on Microsoft software. After 15 years of on-premises experience in infrastructure, data, and collaboration, he became fascinated by cloud technologies and the incredible transformation potential they bring.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Overview of the AI-900 exam (20 minutes)
- Presentation: What to expect from the AI-900 exam
Introduction to AI and Cognitive Services (25 minutes)
- Presentation: What is artificial intelligence?; common AI workloads; the Microsoft responsible AI principles
- Group discussion: What ethical dilemmas does AI present?
Break (5 minutes)
Vision Cognitive Services (35 minutes)
- Presentation: An overview of Azure’s vision services—Computer and Custom Vision, the Face API, and the Forms and Ink Recognizers
- Hands-on exercise: Work with Vision Cognitive Services
NLP technologies (30 minutes)
- Presentation: Natural language processing (NLP) technologies in Azure—Speech APIs, Translator, and Text Analytics
- Hands-on exercise: Work with NLP technologies
Break (5 minutes)
Conversational AI (25 minutes)
- Presentation: Conversational AI features in Azure—the Bot Framework, LUIS, and the QnA Maker
- Hands-on exercise: Work with bots
Break (5 minutes)
Azure ML (30 minutes)
- Presentation: The five questions data science can answer; Azure Machine Learning; AutoML
- Hands-on exercise: Make predictions with Azure ML