Privacy Practices for Cybersecurity Professionals
It is absolutely essential that every cybersecurity professional be familiar with privacy principles and best practices. In this session we will explore the relationship between cybersecurity and privacy, current and proposed regulations, and recommended resources and certifications
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Why privacy is such a hot topic.
- What does it mean to be GDPR and CCPA compliant.
- What privacy-related resources are available to you.
- What certifications you should add to your professional resume
This training course is for you because...
- This training is for cybersecurity and risk management practitioners and professionals who care about honoring their customers/clients/patients/constituents privacy.
- This training is for anyone who is tasked with regulatory compliance and/or reputation management
- Privacy Principles - Lesson 15.1 from Learning Path: CISSP
- Carry Out Data Security and Privacy Practices – Lesson 33 from Learning Path: CompTIA Security+ SY0-501
About your instructor
Sari Greene (CISSP-ISSMP, CRISC, CISM, CISA, SEC+, NSA/IAM) is an information security practitioner, author, educator, entrepreneur and sailor. In 2003, Sari founded one of the first dedicated cybersecurity consultancies. She is a recognized leader in the field of cybersecurity and has amassed thousands of hours in the field working with a spectrum of technical, operational, compliance and management personnel as well as boards of directors, regulators, service providers, and law enforcement agencies.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1 Privacy Fundamentals Length (30 min)
- Privacy fundamentals and the relationship between cybersecurity and privacy
Segment 2 Privacy Regulations Length (30 min)
- Understand two of the most important privacy regulations – GDPR(EU) and CCPA (US/CA) and explore their impact.
Segment 3 Privacy Roadmap Length (30 min)
- Learn how to create a privacy action roadmap as well as how to conduct a Privacy Impact Assessment
Segment 4 Privacy Resources Length (20 min)
- Recommended resources for launching and supporting your privacy program and well as an overview of prestigious certifications
Segment 5 Test Your Knowledge Length (10 min)
- In this final interactive segment, you will have a chance to assess your privacy knowledge with a focus on key concepts.