Software Architecture Hour: Architecture and Security with Aaron Bedra
Topic: Software Development
Join us for a special conversation on software architecture with Neal Ford and security pro Aaron Bedra, covering the fascinating aspects of the discipline, interesting convergence areas, and insights on how to approach the most challenging aspects of building and managing evolving architectural needs.
This is your chance to ask Neal and Aaron anything you want about architecture or their own career journeys. They’ll spend a few minutes covering the trends in security that are influencing architecture, then tell you what you need to know to stay ahead of the curve.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Understand how to build a culture of security compliance
- See what’s coming next with software architecture
This training course is for you because...
- You want the chance to ask Neal Ford and Aaron Bedra your questions around long-term cybersecurity and your architecture.
- You’re looking for ways to improve security to support your businesses goals.
- You want to learn about a holistic approach to security.
- Come with your questions for Neal Ford and Aaron Bedra
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
- Read Fundamentals of Software Architecture (book)
- Read Building Microservices, second edition (book)
- Read Container Security (book)
- Read Practical Cloud Security (book)
- Attend the Software Architecture Superstream: Mastering Your Microservices Stack (May 19)
- Attend Architecture: The Hard Parts (live online training course with Mark Richards and Neal Ford)
- Watch Software Architecture Superstream Series: Domain-Driven Design and Event-Driven Microservices (recorded Superstream event, 3h 29m)
About your instructors
Neal Ford is a director, software architect, and meme wrangler at ThoughtWorks, a software company and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals who think disruptively to deliver technology to address the toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change. He’s an internationally recognized expert on software development and delivery, especially in the intersection of Agile engineering techniques and software architecture. Neal has authored seven books (and counting), a number of magazine articles, and dozens of video presentations and spoken at hundreds of developers conferences worldwide. His topics include software architecture, continuous delivery, functional programming, cutting-edge software innovations, and a business-focused book and video on improving technical presentations. Check out his website, Nealford.com.
Aaron Bedra is a Senior Software Engineer at DRW. He has served as a Chief Scientist, Chief Security Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and Principal Engineer/Architect. He has worked professionally on programming languages, most notably Clojure and ClojureScript. Aaron uses his immersion in finance, healthcare, and retail commerce to design systems that work in concert with business, compliance, and regulatory demands. His expertise in Software Security stems from a foundation in modeling and risk management, and believes all good systems have these as core principles. Aaron is the co-author of Programming Clojure, 2nd and 3rd Edition and a contributor to Functional Programming: A PragPub Antholog
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
April 1, 2021, at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET
- Introduction and presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)