Spotlight on Innovation: Predicting the Next Big Breakthrough with Nima Montazeri
Where should your organization focus its innovation resources?
With new technologies increasing the pace of innovation every day, companies demand a constant supply of fresh ideas. To be successful, an innovation process must deliver two things: a superior solution and a great market response. Once you have the former, how do you ensure the latter? It all starts by examining the key dimensions of a technology’s evolution and understanding how it’s delighting customers.
Join us for this edition of Spotlight on Innovation to learn how to make better decisions about where to focus your innovation efforts and money. You’ll also find out—through two case studies—how backing the right industry innovations can pay off for your organization in a major way.
O’Reilly’s Spotlight Series explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour, live interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas, while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions for the future.
In every edition of Spotlight on Innovation, you’ll learn about, discuss, and debate the future. Best of all, you’ll discover what successful companies have in common, and how you can follow their lead with small, practical steps to transform your organization and prepare for the Next Economy.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live show, you’ll better understand:
- The critical factors involved in placing the right innovation bets
- The importance of harnessing unique organizational assets in the placement of these bets
- How to analyze past evaluations of the form and function of products/services and use them to predict next steps
This training course is for you because...
- You want to identify the fundamental shifts that are transforming the business landscape and customer needs, and address them early
- You want to learn from other businesses that have successfully transformed and found solutions to customer problems
- Come with your questions for Nima Montazeri
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
About your instructor
Nima Montazeri is a passionate technology leader, business advisor and entrepreneur who enables businesses to drive innovation and solve problems with cutting-edge technology that carries real business value. He works with business leaders and teams to balance problem-solving and creative-ideation techniques to surface innovative and disruptive ideas. Nima was a technology consultant with ThoughtWorks for six years and has worked with a number of businesses across a range of industries including retail, insurance, mobile and telecommunications, publishing and government transforming their technology operations. Currently, he works for Babylon Health in London to put accessible and affordable health services in the hands of every person on earth.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET
- Introduction/Presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)