The AWS Certified Security – Specialty Exam Prep
Getting certified as an AWS professional is one of the most beneficial steps you can do in your career as an IT and Cloud professional. Companies continue to migrate their workloads and infrastructure to Amazon Web Services at an exception rate. This opens the door to an increasing number of AWS supporting technical roles. This also introduces new complexities with having the properly skilled staff to secure their infrastructure and applications with the move to the cloud. This opens up new opportunities for security professionals like yourself to be in high demand.
Getting your AWS Security Specialty Professional Certification establishes yourself as an accredited security specialist in the AWS space along with distinguishing yourself from the rest of the crowd. In this course we will introduce you to the information and materials that will help jumpstart your path to becoming certified. We will help you understand how the test is structured, introduce important topics and information on the test, and help set you up for success by showing you the way to training materials specific to help you ace your exam.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, online course, you’ll understand:
- The services and features that are covered on the Certified Security - Specialty exam
- Choices for implementing security incident response in AWS
- How to deploy and troubleshoot monitoring and logging of AWS resources from a security perspective
- Identity and Access Management in AWS and how to deploy it in a scalable fashion
- Data encryption choices and how to manage solutions for data in transit and at rest
- Key terms and strategies for answering the exam questions
And you’ll be able to:
- Design and troubleshoot infrastructure security on AWS infrastructure
- Design effective security controls using the IAM console
- Design and implement
- Prepare for the AWS Security Specialty Professional exam
This training course is for you because...
- You are in any of the following roles: AWS Security Professional, AWS Architect, AWS Professional, AWS Security Auditor
- A minimum of five years of IT security experience, designing and implementing security solutions.
- At least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
- Understanding of security controls for workloads on AWS.
- Review the AWS Security and Compliance documentation
- An existing AWS account is not required, but will be useful for following along during the live demostrations.
- Watch AWS Certified SysOps Administrator (Associate)
- Watch Amazon Web Services (AWS) LiveLessons (video)
- Watch AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Complete Video Course
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
About your instructor
Richard Augenti is a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer and E-Learning Trainer with a wide range of experience working with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. He has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies focused on client engagements that involved architecting cloud infrastructure and DevOps pipelines for various types of client environments. He has a strong focus on leveraging Infrastructure as Code and configuration tools to automate and manage cloud environments.
Richard is the Founder and CEO of Phoenix Rising Solutions which provides e-learning and live online and onsite training classes. His professional training experience include working for companies like Cloud Academy and Linux Academy where he created e-learning courses on Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, and DevOps tools.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
AWS Certified Security - Specialty Certification (15 minutes)
- Presentation: Discuss exam and preparation
Incident Response (45 minutes)
- Presentation: Discuss Incident response, automated alerting, and remediation
- Break (5 minutes)
Logging and Monitoring (45 minutes)
- Presentation: We will discuss AWS logging and monitoring
- Break (5 minutes)
Infrastructure Security Part 1 (45 minutes)
- Presentation: AWS Infrastructure security
- Break (5 minutes)
Identity and Access Management (45 minutes)
- Presentation: Design, implement, and troubleshoot with AWS KMS