Managing Enterprise Data Strategies with Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka
Learn how to ensure the success of your data pipeline project and avoid common mistakes
Sign up before this course sells out!
Big data projects can be a huge investment, and even small implementation failures can be time-consuming and expensive. This hands-on course pays for itself by letting you make mistakes during the planning phase instead of the expensive development phases.
You don’t need deep technical knowledge to manage successful data strategies, but you do need an understanding of both the pitfalls and potential data holds. In just two online sessions, Jesse Anderson will show you how to recognize the opportunities, avoid the problems, and get the most value from your data.
What you’ll learn—and how you can apply it
By the end of this hands-on, online course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how Hadoop, Spark, Kafka (and other data tools) fit together in the big data ecosystem
- Know the steps you need to take to solve problems specific to your team and use case(s)
- Avoid common mistakes made in development
- Do data science on the fly using real datasets
- Determine the problems you can solve with data (and address them in your data solution from the beginning)
- Ensure the success of your Hadoop roll-out or big data project
This course is for you if…
- You’re a CxO, VP, or technical manager with some familiarity with big data terminology and specific data problems to solve
- You have business experience and are transitioning into a career in big data
- Day One
- Thinking in big data: Understanding big data, Hadoop, and its ecosystem (90 minutes)
- Morning break (15 minutes)
- Thinking in big data: Understanding big data, Hadoop, and its ecosystem (65 minutes)
- Overnight assignment: Looking at your use case and team through the lens of big data (10 minutes)
- Day Two
- Assignment discussion (30 minutes)
- Engineering big data solutions: The steps and mindsets to creating successful big data solutions (30 minutes)
- Morning break (15 minutes)
- Doing data science on the NFL play-by-play dataset: Using data to create data products and find business value (75 minutes)
- Q&A (30 minutes)
Participate in this workshop from the convenience of your home, your office… whatever environment you find most comfortable and conducive to an intensive educational experience.With additional post-course support: $999
Individual ticket plus the ability to correspond with Jesse Anderson about the content of the course for 2 weeks after the course ends. (Consulting for specific use cases is not included.)
If you already have a ticket and would like to add post-course support, please contact customer service.
Working as a team? Learn as a team.
Taking this course as a team ensures that everyone is on the same page and understands both the immediate and long-term and immediate goals of your project. Exploring new ideas and collaborating on exercises together is a great team-building experience; everyone on your team will have the opportunity to ask questions, discuss use cases, and learn from other participants.
For group tickets and enterprise licensing, please contact email@example.com