Check out these great Photoshop CS4 tips from Lesa Snider, author of Photoshop CS4: The Missing Manual.
Download all files referenced in the book in a zip file (28.5MB).
Chapter 4: Selections: Choosing What to Edit
Chapter 5: Controlling Color with Channels
Chapter 6: Cropping, Resizing, and Rotating
Chapter 7: Combining Images
Chapter 8: Draining, Changing, and Adding Color
Chapter 9: Correcting Color and Lighting
- Click here for a list of keyboard shortcuts you can use when working with Curves
Chapter 10: The Beauty Salon: Photoshopping People
Chapter 11: The Art of Sharpening
Chapter 12: Painting in Photoshop
Chapter 13: Drawing with the Vector Tools
Appendix A: Installing Photoshop
Photoshop's an awesome program, but it's not worth a darn until you install it.
Whether you're holding an actual Photoshop DVD in your hand or you've downloaded
the program from the Web, the Photoshop CS4 installer includes everything
you need to get up and running fast. If you've got a relatively new computer,
the whole process can take as little as ten minutes. If you have a vintage computer, it'll take a bit longer.
Download Appendix A
Appendix D: Photoshop Menu by Menu
- Like most programs, Photoshop groups all its commands into menus. On a Mac, Photoshop's menus appear at the top of your screen in the OS X menu bar, and on a PC they live in the Photoshop's Application bar. Strap yourself in and hold on tight for a warp-speed tour of Photoshop's menus! Download Appendix D
- Click here to watch a great video on variables by Dave Cross.
- Click here to read Julieanne Kost's overview of variables.
Appendix E: Photoshop's Tools Panel
- As explained in Chapter 1, the Tools panel is home to many of Photoshop's most
important implements. This appendix gives you a quick rundown of everything in
this virtual toolbox and points you to where you can learn more about each tool.
Download Appendix E