Press Release: May 15, 2006
Call for Entries
The 2006 O'Reilly Photoshop Cook-Off Contest: Fire up Adobe Photoshop this Summer and Get Cooking
All-Star Judges Include Katrin Eismann, Deke McClelland, Bert Monroy,
Eddie Tapp, and Vincent Versace
Sebastopol, CA--O'Reilly Media today announced The 2006 O’Reilly Photoshop Cook-Off--a contest featuring eighteen top Photoshop experts as judges--including Mikkel Aaland, Katrin Eismann, Harris Fogel, Tim Grey, Deke McClelland, Bert Monroy, Eddie Tapp, Vincent Versace, and John Beardsworth, among others. O'Reilly is aiming to inspire creativity and discover new and promising talent from the ranks of the 4,000,000 plus Photoshop users. The winners will be recognized with awards and fabulous prizes which will be presented at an event at PhotoPlus Expo in New York on November 2, 2006. View the all-star panel of judges here.
Sponsors to date include: Adobe, Creative Pro, Digital Photo Pro, Flickr, Graphics.com, Gretag Macbeth, iView Multimedia, Imaginginfo.com, Imaging Resource, iStock Photo, Lensbabies, Lowepro, Lynda.com, Nik Software, "Outdoor Photographer," Pantone, "PC Photo," Photos.com, Photoshopsupport.com, "Professional Photographer," "Rangefinder," Shutterstock, Software Cinema, Total Training, Wetzel & Company.
Educators, students, and interested parties can download a flyer (PDF format) to post and/or pass out at workshops, schools, and events.
- Submission deadline is August 15, 2006.
- All entries must be created using recipes from one or more of the five O’Reilly Photoshop Cookbooks: Photoshop Retouching Cookbook for Digital Photographers, Photoshop Blending Modes Cookbook for Digital Photographers, Photoshop Photo Effects Cookbook, Photoshop Filter Effects Encyclopedia, and/or Photoshop Fine Art Effects Cookbook.
- No purchase required; sample recipes are available for download.
- Winners will be announced on November 2, at a special awards ceremony to be held at Photo Plus Expo in New York.
- No entry fee.
- Legal U.S. residents only.
For more information on contest details and rules, click here.
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room