Press Release: January 8, 2007
O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference Announces ETel Launch Pad
Sebastopol, CA -- In the spirit of Web 2.0 Summit, ETel,the O’Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference, is organizing ETel Launch Pad, a special session where groundbreaking start-ups will be introduced to the telephony community. Both new technologies and innovative business models are eligible for consideration to be showcased during Launch Pad as part of ETel’s opening ceremony on Tuesday evening, February 27, 2007. ETel Launch Pad is co-organized by Om Malik and co-produced by GigaOm.
To enter your next-generation company or product for launch at this year's
ETel Launch Pad, please complete the submission form at:
Entries will be accepted through Monday, January 22, 2007.
Because Launch Pad space is limited, program advisors will be making their selections from companies and products that closely reflect this year’s conference themes.
For those chosen, ETel Launch Pad participation will include:
- 8 minute presentation as part of the Launch Pad event
- Listing online (and in program guide, time permitting)
- Mention in press release
- 1 speaker pass for presenter (allowing access to the full conference)
ETel captures and telegraphs the excitement around ahead-of-the-curve telephony technologies, bringing together all layers of the telephony community to compare and contrast web telephony technology, business, and culture in a collaborative, spirited environment. ETel highlights the people, projects, and activities pushing the boundaries of what's possible with IP telephony. The second edition of ETel is scheduled for February 27 through March 1, 2007 in Burlingame, California.
O'Reilly conferences include: ETech, the O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference; OSCON, the O'Reilly Open Source Convention; the MySQL Conference & Expo, co-presented with MySQL AB; ETel, the O’Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference; the O'Reilly Where 2.0 Conference; the O’Reilly TOC Conference; RailsConf and RailsConf Europe, co-presented with Ruby Central; Web 2.0 Expo and Web 2.0 Summit (co-hosted by Tim O'Reilly and John Battelle, and co-produced with CMP Technology). O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
For complete ETel conference details, visit:
Read the ETel conference blog for the latest event announcements and news:
Visit the O'Reilly Network Emerging Telephony site for industry news and
To apply for media credentials, please visit:
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at O'Reilly conferences, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a media or community partner, email
- O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference, March 26-29, 2007 in San Diego
- Web 2.0 Expo, co-produced by O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology, April 15-18, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- MySQL Conference & Expo, April 23-26, 2007 in Santa Clara, California
- RailsConf, May 17-20, 2007 in Portland, Oregon
- O’Reilly Where 2.0 Conference, May 29-30, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- O’Reilly TOC Conference, June 18-20, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 23-27, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Energy Innovation Conference, August 22-24, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- RailsConf Europe, co-presented by O'Reilly Media and Ruby Central, September 17-19, 2007 in Berlin, Germany
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.